40

- A Month Later -

Christmas felt like it came early for Carrie-Ann. She wasn't really able to sleep on the flight over to England. She'd probably had three hours in total which she would definitely regret.

When she landed, she thanked the pilot, co-pilot and cabin crew before leaving the jet. There were airport staff already handling her luggage and two security waiting for her.

Walking through passport control she saw the paparazzi straight away, their cameras and shouting not so different to America although the English paparazzi used more curse words.

Security helped her into Harry's car and shut her door before he sped off out the exit.

Leaning over, she kissed his cheek. "I've missed you,"

His grin was as big as hers as he looked between the road and her.

"I've missed you too," She breathes.

••••••••••••••••••••

They arrived back at Harry's place around two hours later, the traffic was quite bad at certain points.

Harry took her cases up to his room whilst she showered and changed into something comfortable.

"We'll go to my parents this weekend, if that's okay?"

She nods pouring out some tea for them both. "That's fine,"

"It's quite a long drive but we'll make it fun,"

She bumps her hip into his. "I'm a fun person."

Turning her around by her hips he holds her against the counter, her arms around his neck. "I believe we haven't said hello yet."

She laughs. "Oops,"

They kiss for sometime, they'd missed each others lips. Harry had also missed holding her and being able to reach out and touch her when he wants.

They drank tea and caught up on the sofa. Harry explained the Zayn situation, how the fans went into meltdown. It was predicted anyway.

"I got your present," Harry laughed.

"My Vogue cover?"

"So beautiful, I was with Niall at the time and he said even he was in love with you now,"

Carrie-Ann laughed. "Bless him,"

"It's by my bed, it's staying there forever."

"Good,"

••••••••••••••••••

The following day, Carrie-Ann woke up to a smoothie machine being turned on. She yawned grabbing Harry's dressing gown before heading down.

She frowned looking at a fully dressed and showered Harry. "Hey,"

He smiled pouring the smoothie into a jug. "Morning, you."

"Why are you dressed and ready?" She looked at the clock. "It's 8am,"

"I'm going to the studio for a couple hours,"

Carrie-Ann pouted as he handed her a glass filled with smoothie. "I thought you were on a break,"

He kisses her nose, "Break from tour, not everything."

"Oh,"

He tilts her chin. "Sup?"

"It would have been nice to have a heads up.. That's all."

He nods. "I'm sorry," He finishes his smoothie quickly before taking out a muesli bar and banana. "I'll be back for 12," He kisses her lips quickly before heading for his garage, a stunned Carrie-Ann left standing in the kitchen.

••••••••••••••

Harry wasn't back for 12. Nor was he back for 1, or 2.

Carrie-Ann felt stupid for getting ready for 12, by 2:30 she had heard nothing from him, his phone was off.

Instead of getting upset, she called for an uber and googled local attractions. There weren't any, mainly state homes and castles, so instead she headed into London.

She was able to keep a low profile as she walked through to Buckingham Palace. She then went on to visit Oxford Street, heading into Harrods to have tea for one which made her feel a little pathetic but she was so hungry she didn't care.

When someone recognised her she felt it was best to head back to Harry's, the last thing she wanted was for paps to hear she was there and take over.

Arriving back at Harry's, it was just after 6. He was in his room when she walked in, he looked like he'd just had a shower.

"Hey, you. Where have you been?" He asks pulling on a t-shirt.

"Oh, out. In London," Her tone clipped as she took off her shoes.

"You went into London alone?" He frowns.

"Well, I guess after waiting two hours past the time my boyfriend said he'd be back I decided to do something with my day."

Harry sighs. "I'm sorry, studio is unpredictable."

She bites her nail. "Yeah, okay."

He looks away. "I'm going to go work out for a bit,"

She couldn't really believe what she was hearing. She thought she'd at least get to spend the first day with him, isn't that why he invited her here?

"And when do you spend time with your girlfriend exactly?" She didn't want to get mad or cause an argument but she had every right to be hurt.

"When I'm back babe," He kisses her forehead. "Promise,"

She nods looking away as he grabs his car keys and phone. "See you later," He calls walking out.

Carrie-Ann wipes the angry tear falling down her cheek. "Yeah," She answers.

••••••••••••

Carrie-Ann was in bed at 8 thanks to jet lag, she'd tried and tried to stay awake for Harry but her entire body was telling her to sleep.

So that's what she did, she fell asleep clutching Harry's cold pillow.