⎡3⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

"Hazie, wake up! Hazel Rebecca Rosewood! Get up!"

A violent push on the shoulder woke me.

"James Nathaniel Rosewood. Leave me alone." I mumbled, flipping over on the bed so my back towards my brother. I could tell he rolled his brown eyes.

"Hazel, get up this instant!"

One of my eyes popped open. I flipped again so I was facing him and said,

"Only if you don't wake me up violently in the future. Okay?"

"Okay..." I rolled off the bed and fell on the floor with a thud. I groaned loudly, and I could hear James snorting. I got myself up, and that's when it hit me.

"WE HAVE SCHOOL! JAMES WHY DIDN'T YOU GET ME UP EARLIER?!" I shrieked in James' face.

He jumped, but I didn't hear his reply as I dashed into the bathroom. I frantically tamed my hair and ran to get some clothes. I had packed my trunk the night before and had Kronos, my black cat, in his cage. After putting on some jeans and a long sleeve shirt, I threw last minute toiletries in my trunk and brought all of my stuff downstairs. Breakfast was already at the table, and it was my favorite. Waffles.

As I walked to the table, my father put the Daily Prophet down. His hazel eyes, which I inherited and was named after, met mine. His hair was neatly combed on his head. He smiled.

"There's my little girl. All grown up and going to Hogwarts."

I smiled and hugged him.

"I'm sure you are going to make a fantastic Slytherin like your father."

I pulled away.

"I haven't even been sorted yet!" I exclaimed.

"I know, but your brother was sorted into Slytherin, I was, and so was practically every Rosewood. There's a 0% chance you'll be in any other house!" he replied.

I sighed with a smile still stuck on my face and sat down to eat my waffles.

"Do you have a busy day at work today? Or can you drop us off King's Cross?" James asked.

I glanced up from my food to look at my father. I hoped he would make it. He had a very high position in the Auror department in the Ministry and a lot of the time he was preoccupied. Last year he wasn't able to bring Jame's to the train station and had the Weasleys do it instead.

He sat forward in his chair and said sorrowfully,

"Yes, James, I do have a busy day at work today."

I looked back down at my food. My first time going to a magical school and he wouldn't even be there to send me off. Typical.

"But," he said with his sorrow leaving his voice, "I will be able to send you to your third year of Hogwarts and Hazel to her first."