⎡102⎦

A couple of days had passed since the incident with Draco's dreams, but throughout those nights, he would have minor nightmares. It was now becoming routine that I come into his room sometime in the night to make sure he was sleeping peacefully. Occasionally, I would be too tired to make it back to my room and would crash in his bed, waking up in his arms in the morning.

This morning, however, was my birthday and we agreed I get the shower first. I undressed from my pajamas and hopped into the shower, letting the hot water run all over my back and hair. Once I had spent enough time in the shower, I got out and dressed into my uniform. Looking in the mirror at my hair in its turban, I pulled the towel over my head off. I wanted to try something new, but simple. I pulled the hair near my face back and tied it into a sort of knot behind my head.

When I was pleased, I walked out, where Draco was playing something on the piano. Not wanting to disturb him, I walked around him slowly. Even from the back, he was so handsome. His hair was slightly disheveled from sleeping, and his back looked nicely toned. His fingers moved expertly on the keyboard as the beautiful music came out. The song slowly came to an end, and Draco rose from the bench. He caught sight of me making his eyes go wide.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asked.

"Long enough to realize you are really good at piano," I replied thoroughly impressed. I could see a blush grow on his face and he looked away from my eyes at the rest of me.

"You look very beautiful today," he complimented.

Now it was my turn to blush. "Shut up."

"No, no. I'm not joking, and I really like the hair. Also, you glow like 18-year-old."

"Well, if I were a Muggle, I would officially be an adult according to the law."

Draco looked at me confused and changed the topic. "So you ready to recruit people for the Quidditch team?"

"Merlin is that today?!" I exclaim. I had forgotten all about it. This is why I'm not fit to be captain.

"Yeah, do you not read the bulletin board in the Slytherin common room?" Draco asked.

"Whoops," I replied as I walked back to my room to find my old uniform.

. . .

    Once Draco had gotten ready for the day, we headed down to breakfast together. As I entered the Great Hall, the entire place erupted into singing me Happy Birthday. I stood there smiling but utterly shocked. When the cheering died down, I was pulled over by Ginny to the Gryffindor table. As I was being dragged away, I saw Draco walk to the Slytherin table. I felt bad, but there wasn't anything I could do.

    I sat between Hermione and Ginny, across from the boys. Ron and Harry gave me their presents first. A galleon and a Chocolate Frog, staying true to tradition, but Harry did also get me an actual Firebolt. I screamed as I opened the parcel and a bunch of first years crowded around me to look at the broom. I stood up and hugged Harry from across the table. Ron was still in shock and was slightly annoyed to see that Harry had gotten me a costly gift.

    Next, Ginny had gotten me a 5 galleons off coupon to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and Hermione gave me an updated copy of Hogwarts, a History. Neville and Luna had even gotten me gifts which consisted of a magazine of potential creatures to have as pets and hairpiece that Neville's nan told him to give me.

    My arms full of gifts, I made my way to the Slytherin table.

    "I love how even 8 years later, you still are brought to that table first," he commented.

    I shrugged, it would be my last time anyway. Might as well just keep the tradition.

    Astoria handed me a box. "Happy Birthday sweetie!"

    "Aw thank you so much!" I took the box and opened it up revealing expensive makeup. I gasped. "Astoria! You did not need to spend this much money on me!"

    "I don't mind, but you better enjoy it," she threatened.

    I laughed. "Of course I love it."

    "Sorry Spitsy, I didn't get you anything because honestly, I had no idea that your birthday was today," Theo apologized.

    "Yeah me too," Blaise added.

    "Guys I'm fine, I honestly don't need gifts," I replied, playing with the cuff my brother got me in my sixth year.

    "Well, I got you one anyway," Draco said handing me a gift.

    "Oh! Thank you!" I exclaimed, unwrapping the present. Inside was a moving picture of Draco and I when were about 4. I was holding Draco around the neck with my face pushing against his. It honestly looked like I was trying to suffocate him.

    I laughed and showed it to the rest of my friends. "This is amazing!"

    Theo tilted his head. "It kinda looks like you're trying to kill him."

    "I know right?!" I exclaim, still laughing.

    "I found it over the summer as my mother, and I were cleaning out the Manor."

    "Well, I love it. Thank you so much." I said, kissing his cheek in gratitude.

    He blushed and so did I as I looked down at a time where both of us didn't know what life had in store.

. . .

    Immediately after classes was Quidditch tryouts. As Transfigurationended, I ran to the pitch and changed into my uniform. Students were already there crowding up. I waited a few more minutes before I began and was pleasantly surprised to see Draco on the field.

    "Alright!" I said slightly loudly to see if anyone would listen. I got few people's attention. I rolled my eyes.

    "Alright! Alright! OKAY!" I screamed, getting everyone to turn to me. "Thank you. Now, I'm going to put you through a few drills to just assess your strengths. Just because you made the team last year when I wasn't here, doesn't mean you'll make it this year got it?"

    Everyone murdered in agreement.

    "Okay, right, so, if you're trying out for Seeker, stand here" I pointed to place on the field. "Keepers, here; Beaters, here; and Chasers, here. We'll run drills then have a scrimmage where you alternate out. Let's begin."

    The tryouts were very clear about who was eliminated and who was accepted. It resulted in Draco as the Seeker and Blaise and Theo as two of my three Chasers. Once I got back the dorm room, I was happy to take a shower after sweating so much from my lack of Quidditch skill and relax.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

SLYTHERIN PRINCESS IS #98 IN FANFICTION I LITERALLY FELL OFF MY BED! ASDFGHJKL; THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! XOXOX