⎡23⎦

(Weeks Later)

My eyes fluttered open adjusted to the light. People were holding my arms up. Am I still holding a... sword? I brought the sword to the side of me and sat up slowly. My eyes adjusted as I looked at the faces of people around me. Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall were standing over me, smiling.

"Why was I still holding the sword? I would think someone were to take it out of my hands." I asked.

"Your grip was too tight to pull it out and to take the risk of removing it from your grip would include multiple broken fingers." Madam Pomfrey replied.

My eyes widened and I nodded. I stood up and wobbled a little. Suddenly, I am crushed in a hug.

"They did it, Hazel! Harry and Ron did it!" Hermione yelled. "They killed the Basilisk! They found the paper you gave crumpled in my hand and they figured everything out!"

"YES!" I screamed.

"Alright, girls go down to dinner." Professor McGonagall instructed. Walking together, we went down to the Great Hall.

"Hermione! Hazel! Welcome back!"

"Thanks, Sir Nicholas!" We said together. We looked down the long tables and saw the boys light up when they noticed us. Hermione and I ran down to them. I jumped into Ron's hug while Hermione did the same with Harry. When they finished I hugged Harry but Hermione was a little uncertain about hugging Ron.

"Uhh-um... Welcome back, Hermione." Ron said as they shook hands.

"It's good to be back!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Congratulations! We can't believe you solved it!" I told them.

"Well, we had loads of help from you two. We couldn't have done it without you guys." Harry said.

"Thanks" We replied. "Well, I gotta go guys. Bye!" I ran towards my table. James looked up and his eyes brightened when he saw me. I ran into his arms.

"A sword is your weapon of choice? Not bad. I taught you well." He said in my ear. I laughed and we pulled apart. I noticed Draco watching us so I went over to him and gave him a hug.

"It's great to see you again Hazie. I liked that sword." I laughed as we pulled apart. I smacked his arm gently.

"Why is it only about the sword?" I asked. He chuckled and smirked.

"That what everyone is talking about. Hazel, the Slytherin Princess wielding a sword. Not a bad title if you ask me." I laughed again.

"In no way am I a princess much less a sword wielder." Draco shrugged and we sat back down.

"Could I have your attention, please?" McGonagall said after she clinked on her glass. Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified." There was loud clapping. Including me, because well, I WAS ONE OF THOSE PETRIFIED PEOPLE!

"Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled." Everyone started cheering. Suddenly the doors to the Great Hall opened. There stood Hagrid as happy as he could ever be.

"Sorry, I'm late!" He started walking up the center aisle. "The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." I started laughing my head off. He stopped in front of the Trio.

"You know I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry, and Ron, and Hermione, and Hazel o' course" He said turning towards me with a wink. "I woulduh- I'd still be you-know-where, so I- I'd just like to say 'Thanks' "

Harry stood up on the bench.

"Well, there's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry went up and hugged Hagrid. I could've sworn I saw Hagrid tear up. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Dumbledore stood up and started clapping. As did McGonagall. As did the rest of the staff. As did Harry. And then the entire Great Hall was clapping and cheering. People went up to Hagrid and most of the Slytherin stayed put, but I didn't of course.

This was definitely an interesting year. Made new friends. Was in a coma for the past few weeks. Who knows what will happen next year!