⎡97⎦

I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was Draco, pointing a wand at us with Blaise and Goyle on either side of him. My hand instinctively went to my wand, but I didn't pull it out.

"What brings you here, Potter?" he asked.

"I could ask you the same," Harry said, walking into a clear shot of Draco and the others.

"You have something that's mine. I'd like it back," Draco demanded.

"What's wrong with the wand you have?" Harry gestured to the wand in his hand.

"It's my mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. You know what I mean?"

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix?" Harry asked. "You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

Draco stayed silent, so I spoke up.

"Draco, please don't do this. I-"

"I have not choice Hazel. You know that." Draco replied, his voice tense.

Tears started to prickle my eyes; he didn't have a choice. He was right. He really was the boy with no choice. He was the boy that I realized I loved. Holding back a sob, I slowly raised my wand. As much as I didn't want to harm Draco I had to do what's right.

"Come on Draco, don't be a prat. Do it!" Goyle whispered violently into Draco's ear.

"Draco please," I begged in a whisper tears starting to slide down my cheeks.

I noticed Draco loosened his grip on his mother's wand.

But a spell was shot from behind us.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione shouted making Narcissa's wand fly out of Draco's hand.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle shot at her.

"Stupefy!" Hermione shot back, sending the diadem flying up into a pile of more stuff.

Ron charged at the group; wand raised as he screamed. "That's my girlfriend, you numpties!"

Harry, who was on the floor moments ago, was throwing junk from a pile onto the floor, climbing up to get the diadem. I stared in awe as Harry scaled the junk and kept my arms ready incase he came crashing down. 

He snatched the diadem and came down when there was a yell in the distance. We all looked down the path of stuff, where Ron came screaming like a 5-year-old, with a bright light coming from behind him.

"Goyle sent the bloody place on fire!" he screamed, grabbing Hermione's arm and running for his life.

I turned around and dashed off, not without getting a good look at the flames, it looked serpentine, no like a dragon, no like a chimaera. Goyle had used a Fiendfyre, one I had only read in books. A fire was so powerful it would burn us within milliseconds.

I kept running but the fire was going to take over soon. That's when I noticed that right next to Ron were three brooms. I yelled at the trio and dove for the brooms. I mounted one, as did Harry, and Hermione climbed onto Rons. Kicking off into the air, we were able to somewhat navigate through the fire, but the smoke and heat were becoming overwhelming.

"Come on!" Ron shouted. "This way!"

I looked around. Draco and Blaise were now on top of a pile of junk, Goyle nowhere to be seen. I couldn't leave without Draco. Harry seemed to notice as well and halted his broom yelling, "We can't leave them!"

"You're joking, right?" Ron yelled, but Harry and I already started reaching for the boys. "If we die for them, Harry, I'm gonna kill you!"

This time, both Harry and I got Blaise and Draco onto our brooms. We sped, narrowly missing falling objects and flames. Hermione took out her wand, still clinging onto Ron, and made an opening in the flames, letting us through, nearly burning  us. I could see the door getting closer and closer, but everything seemed to be going in slow motion.