⎡11⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

Before I could fully comprehend it, exam week came. By that point, Draco and I were on speaking terms again. We unspokenly decided just to drop the topic of the detention and continue being friends.

As I was walking outside in the courtyard after one of my exams, I ran into Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Hello everyone. How did your exams go?"

"Hello, Hazel. I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione said to me. I looked at her in shock.

"Speak for yourself. Are you alright there, Harry?" I asked. He had his hand up to his forehead rubbing his scar. His eyebrows were turned in towards his nose.

"My scar. It keeps burning," he said in pain.

"It's happened before?" Hermione asked, looking worried.

"Not like this," Harry said to her.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse," Ron suggested.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming. Uhh!"

I was getting seriously worried now. He rubbed his scar and his eyes trailed towards Hagrid, who is across the field, at his hut.

"Oh. Of course!" Harry exclaimed before he started to rush towards Hagrid's hut.

"What is it?" Hermione asked when we caught up to him.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?" Harry replied as we approached Hagrid, who was playing on his flute.

"I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?" he asked Hagrid as we approached him. He stopped playing the flute. "What did he look like?"

"I don't know," Hagrid replied. "I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."

"The stranger, though, you and he must have talked," Harry said, desperate for information.

"Well, he wanted to know what sorta creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.' "

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" I asked, seeing where Harry was going with the conversation.

"Well, of course, he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him.' Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." 

The four of us started to gape.

"I shouldn't have told you that." 

My eyebrows shot up and we all ran off.