⎡68⎦

Christmas came by quickly, and we were sent off to Number 12 Grimmauld Place. Much had happened from the last lesson in Dumbledore's Army up until now. For one, Mr. Weasley was attacked viciously by a snake as he was guarding the Department of Mysteries. Luckily he was found on time, for a few more minutes he might have died. He immediately was sent to St. Mungo's had it not been for Harry, who had experienced the traumatic incident in a dream.

But that just makes me think, what wrong with Harry. I've been watching him the last couple of months. He's not the same boy he used to be. He rarely smiles like he used to. He's not himself anymore; something is happening to him.

Harry told me about the night he had experienced the dream. He said he was taken immediately to the dungeons where Snape began to teach him Occlumency. Harry explained to me that there's a connection between Voldemort's mind and his own. Nobody is sure whether he is aware of the connection. The connection, if he knows about it, will allow Voldemort to read Harry's mind and worse control it.

Harry said that in the past it was often Voldemort's pleasure to invade the minds of his victims creating visions designed to torture them into madness. Only after extracting the last exquisite ounce of agony only when he had them begging for death, would he finally kill them. I shuddered at the thought.

The Order was all gathered in Grimmauld Place. All the children sat at the long table waiting to sit.

"Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas!" a jolly little Santa Claus said as he flew passed my head on a broomstick.

"Here we go," Mrs. Weasley said as she pushed Mr. Weasley's wheelchair to the table. Mr. Weasley was badly bruised and cut, but he was healing. I gave him some of my medical advice and used my magic to help lessen his pain.

"Daddy's back." Mrs. Weasley finished as Mr. Weasley was situated. We all applauded.

"Sit down, everybody, sit down. That's it. Now, presents." Mrs. Weasley instructed as she began sorting out the gifts.

"And a nice big box for Ron." Mr. Weasley said as she gave Ron his present.

"Big box for you. And..." Mrs. Weasley began switching the presents in her hands trying to figure out who was Fred and who was George. She ended up just giving them both a present and letting them figure it on their own. "Fred and George. Come on, open up. I want to see your faces."

I opened my present and saw a nicely knit pair of gloves and a new hat. Both in black. I smiled.

"Try it on." Mrs. Weasley instructed everyone. The Weasleys muttered their "thanks mum" while Hermione and I were ecstatic.

"Thanks, Mrs. Weasley. It's perfect." I said putting my hat on my head.

She gave me a broad smile and then said, "Come on, then, everybody. Let's clear this away."

I noticed that Harry had walked in, with Sirius standing in the doorway. Mrs. Weasley must have seen him too as she said to him,

"Oh, Harry, Harry. There you are," she got his present from the pile and handed it to him with a hug. "Happy Christmas."

"Thank you," replied Harry

"Lovely to have you with us," She gave Harry a pat on the chest as she pulled away.

"Thank you," he said again

Mrs. Weasley began ordering out instructions on who to pass what and making sure we were happy.

"A Christmas toast. To Mr. Harry Potter without whom I would not be here." Mr. Weasley toasted Harry. He raised his glass. "Harry."

We followed suit. "Harry."