⎡57⎦

Hand in hand we ran back into the warmth of the castle. I smiled at Cedric and he smiled at me as we walked over to the doors to the Great Hall to wait. Cedric walked behind me and began to rub my bare arms to warm them up. I noticed Harry and Ron walk down the stairs while Ron whispered something in Harry's ear. They met up with the Patil twins at the bottom of the stairs and McGonagall rushed over to them. After speaking to a dumbfound Harry for a few moments Ron and Padma walked over to the doors where Cedric and I were standing.

"Hello, Ronald. Don't you look... dashing." I said unsurely at his dress robes.

"That's exactly what I said" Padam agreed as they walked into the Great Hall together.

I watched as they left and looked at the stairs to see Hermione walking down. Wait a minute. I did a double take and looked back up at the stairs.

Hermione walked down the stairs so gracefully in her long, ruffled, low cut, purple dress. Her hair was up in some kind of design I would fail to do and she looked absolutely flawless. Krum went up to meet her at the bottom of the stairs and took her hand with a kiss. Hermione looked at me and I could see the inward scream in her eyes.

Suddenly, McGonagall walked up to Cedric and I. "I need you to line up in the procession please." 

We walked to the procession in a line so I was behind Hermione. "You look like a princess," I whispered.

"I could say the same about you. So you and your date...?"

"Cedric and I are great now. It was all Cho Chang's fault."

"Well, I'm hoping for details later," she said with a slight smile.

"Link arms" McGonagall instructed us.

We all linked arms with our partners. I looked at Cedric with worried eyes.

"Hey, don't worry." Cedric grabbed my chin to make me look at him. "Just follow me, I'll make sure that you don't trip." I nodded my head nervously.

All of a sudden the loud music began to play and the large doors to the Great Hall opened. Fleur and Roger Davies walked in first and the procession followed. Everyone applauded as we filed in and made our way to the dance floor. I couldn't stop beaming and I noticed Cho Chang looking at me with jealous eyes from the other side of the hall. I also noticed Draco with Parkinson.

The music stopped as we reached the dance floor and Cedric placed one of his hands on my waist, sending electricity to rush to my already racing heart. I put my hand on Cedric's shoulders and our spare hands intertwined.

"I've got you." He whispered in reassurance. I nodded. Flitwick tapped his stick thing to the music stand cueing the orchestra to get ready.

The music began to play and before I knew it Cedric and I were gliding around the dance floor. His touch was mesmerising and I couldn't keep my eyes away from his beautiful gray eyes or continue breathing. I finally let myself get lost. I took in his aroma and his touch. He lifted me like a feather causing my dress to fan out around me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Harry and Parvati struggling to dance.

After the second jump, Dumbledore and McGonagall joined in