⎡30⎦

I was reading my book at my desk in the DADA classroom waiting for Professor Lupin. He's usually not this late. The doors to the classroom opened and shut as Snape walked into the room. He rushed up the aisle of desks and flicked his wand continuously, closing the blinds to the windows. Snape made it to the front of the classroom and pulled the screen down. He whipped around.

"Turn to page 394." We looked at each other with confused faces as we turned to page 394. Snape walked slowly to the back of the classroom watching us turn our pages.

"Excuse me, sir, but... where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394." Snape reached the end of the classroom and tapped the projector. Snape thrust his wand towards Ron who was flipping page by page.

"Werewolves?" Ron asked astounded. I looked at my book. We were going to learn about werewolves.

"But, sir, we've just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks ." Hermione said. Wait. When did she get here?

"Quiet. Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asked. Hermione and I rose our hands.

"No one? How... disappointing." Snape said. Seriously? I'm in your friggin House!

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'll kill his best friends across his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." Hermione said. Draco howled mockingly.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape said to Hermione. I raised my eyebrows. "Five points from Gryffindor."Snape said as Draco blew a paper bird from his hands.

"As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf with particular emphasis on recognizing them

"As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf with particular emphasis on recognizing them." We all groaned. The paper bird flew in front of Harry who caught it.

"Sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry said. Snape went right up to his face. Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394." He stood up and walked to the back of the classroom again. "The term werewolf is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'were' means man and wolf. Werewolf, man wolf.There are several ways to become a werewolf. Including in the power of shape-shifting.. yadda, yadda, yada..."

. . .

"Hi Hermione. Hi Ron!" I said as we made it to the Great Hall doors. "Does any of you have a Gryffindor scarf I can borrow? I want to wear it for the game today." I asked as we walked towards the main doors.