⎡42⎦

That weekend I sat down next to Astoria after writing an essay for Charms in the library.

When I arrived, she looked at the outfit I was wearing. It was the dress she picked out for me.

"Oh! You look absolutely beautiful!" she complimented.  

I smiled and gave her a small twirl before grabbing some food and sitting down. 

 I was almost done eating when I looked over at the Gryffindor table and saw the twins really close to each other discussing something. "I'll be right back," I said to Astoria.

I stood up and walked to the Gryffindor table. I slid into a seat between the ginger twins and whispered along with them, "What are we talking about?"

"What it would be like to win the Triwizard Tournament," Fred replied. I laughed.

"What's so funny about that?" George asked.

"What's so funny? Well, I'll tell you. You two would be messing around and showing off so much that you would end up getting killed."

They both opened their mouths to say something back but no words came out.

"That's probably true." George laughed.

I giggled along. Suddenly a paper bird flew over to me. I grasped in the air and unfolded the wings. It read:

Rosewood,

The Slytherin Quidditch team is going to have a quick practice, just to keep our skills at their best. Hufflepuff has the pitch first and we tried but couldn't kick them off. Be dressed and ready with your broom and bat at 5:00. Don't be late.

Flint.

My eyes scanned the note and I turned towards the Slytherin table giving Flint a thumbs up. He nodded in reply and turned back towards his friends. Poor Flint. He graduated last year but had to come back and had to repeat his final year since he failed his exams.

"What was that note, Hazel?" George asked.

"My team wants to practice Quidditch even though we don't have it this year." I stood up. "I'm still going to be hungry when I'm done with this,"

"We have the cure." the boys said simultaneously. They stood up and brought me to the Basement.

"What are we doing by the Hufflepuff common room?" I asked. George walked to the painting of the fruit bowl on the wall and stuck out his hand, extending his index finger. He went towards the pear in the fruit bowl and tickled it with his finger. The pear squirmed and giggled. It ACTUALLY GIGGLED.

It transformed into a green doorknob. Fred walked to the door and twisted the knob. The door opened showing an enormous, high-ceilinged room, as large as the Great Hall above it. It had mounds of glittering brass pots and pans heaped around the stone walls and a great brick fireplace at the other end. It was filled with house-elves and five tables, identical to the ones in the Great Hall above. I gasped.

"Is this the kitchens?" I asked. The boys nodded.

"You see Hazel, these five tables in the kitchen are magically linked to the tables in the Great Hall. So, dishes placed upon these tables would be transported to their counterparts in the Great Hall." George explained pointing to the tables. I nodded and looked around.

"Hello, Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley! Tinkey is happy to see you." a little house elf said.

"Hello Tinkey," George replied.