⎡16⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

The next morning when I woke up Astoria was already out of bed. Glancing at my clock, I rolled out of bed, hitting the floor with a thud. As I groaned Astoria came rushing out of the bathroom.

"Are you alright?" she asked looking down at me.

"Yeah, I'm good," I reply getting up. "Helps to wake me up sometimes. I know it's weird. It's a habit I picked up during the summer. Are you done in the bathroom?" 

She nodded very confusedly and I went in to get ready for the morning.

When I reached the Great Hall I saw Harry and Ron sitting with Hermione. Remembering their insane detour the day before, I rushed over to them and sat down next to Hermione.

"Are you boys alright? I saw Harry fall out of the car. Do you know how much trouble you might be in?" I asked. They nodded.

"We're fine Hazel. It could've been worse," Ron said.

"Yeah, sure," I said sarcastically rolling my eyes. "What do you have for your first classes? I have Herbology."

"Me too!" They all exclaimed simultaneously. I smiled and got up from the seat.

"See you then guys!"

I walked back to the Slytherin table and sat down next to Astoria.

"Are you close with them?" She asked looking at the trio.

"Close enough to nearly get mauled by a three-headed dog? Indeed."

Astoria's eyes widened.

"You actually risked your life for them?"

"Yep. They were trying to protect a stone from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and had to get past a large three-headed dog, so I saved their arses and got them down the hole before they were eaten."

Astoria looked at me in disbelief. 

"All of that for a... stone?"

I nodded and watched as Draco sat down next to me with his goons.

"Hey Draco. What do you have for first period?" I asked drinking some pumpkin juice.

"I have Herbology." 

I opened my mouth to speak but realized that meant he'd be in class with the trio again. I forced a smile. 

"Yeah me too."

When breakfast had ended Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and I went to Greenhouse three and put on the lab coats. We stood in two lines against the table staring down at posts in front of us. I stood next to Draco and Hermione facing Ron and Harry. Professor Sprout came into the room.

"Morning, everyone!" she tapped on the table to get us to be quiet. "Good morning, everyone!"

"Good morning, Professor Sprout," we all said in harmony.