⎡103⎦

Winter soon came around the corner and visits to Hogsmeade were allowed. I wanted to go with Draco for once without having fear and dread looming over our heads. My prayers were answered when he invited me to the Three Broomsticks to make up for the time we went in our 6th year.

I smirked. "Are you asking me on a date Malfoy?" I asked, recreating the scenario when I asked him in 6th year.

He got the joke and responded, "Only in your dreams Rosewood."

I smiled and headed to my room to retrieve my coat. It had begun to snow in Scotland so going out for Butterbeer sounded more than delightful.

We headed out of the castle together and into the cold winter air. I nestled my head further into my scarf to keep my cheeks warm and moved my body closer to Draco's. We walked together in comfortable silence until we made it to the Three Broomsticks.

Once we were inside and the door closed behind us, warmth finally engulfed me.

"Whew, it's chilly out," I commented as I unwrapped my scarf.

Draco went ahead and got us the same seat we had last time we came together.

When we had sat down, he said, "I'm terribly sorry about the last time we were here. It isn't exactly a happy memory, but I'm hoping this can make up for it."

"I understand, but yeah, let's make this one memorable," I replied.

The waitress walked up to us. She was pretty, and on the younger side with blonde, shoulder-length hair. I could see a thirst in her eyes.

"Hello," she said in a thick Scottish accent, "Can I get you two anything?"

Before I can open my mouth, Draco begins to order for us. "I'll have a Butterbeer with nutmeg, and she'll have Butterbeer with cinnamon please."

"No problem. You two make a charming couple," she complimented.

"Oh, we aren't a couple," I explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said with the least amount remorse. She gave Draco a last dazzling smile before swaying off to the bar.

"Ugh! The nerve of her!" I complained, wrinkling my nose and leaning back in my chair with crossed arms.

"If I didn't know better I'd say you were jealous," Draco speculated with a raised brow and smirk. The old cocky Draco isn't going anywhere, is he?

"I am not! You have free will to date whoever you want."

Once the words tumbled out of my mouth, I could feel the distaste in my body.

"Anyhow, it's not like she the only one who thinks you're attractive. You're the Slytherin Prince! Everyone is either drooling over you or wants to be your friend because of how much power you have over Slytherin." As I spoke, his eyes would dart between my eyes and my lips.

"Most of my friends in the past years were fake and just to gain popularity. It's not that great." The corner of his lips was slightly frowning.

"We've known each other since we were children Draco. You know everything there is to know about me. I'm not a fake friend, and I never will be... Unless you screw me over, because then I'll screw you over." I smiled. He smiled back.

Our Butterbeers were delivered, and we enjoyed each other's company as we drank our drinks.

"It's not like I'm the only popular one in Slytherin," Draco said continuing the conversation. "You're the Slytherin Princess. I don't think there is a single person who hates you."