⎡84⎦

There were shrieks and screams as people began to make their way out of the scene. Then there was chaos. Death Eaters in dark cloaks and masks, descended into the crowd, taking down anyone they could see. I ran to where Harry was in Lupin's grasp and pulled him by the arm to where Hermione and Ron had collided. Hermione reached out her hand. I caught hold of Hermione's free arm and felt her turn on the spot. Sight and sound were extinguished as darkness pressed in upon me. All I could feel was Hermione's hand and Harry's as we were squeezed through space and time, away from the Burrow and away from the descending Death Eaters.

A horn blared as a double-decker bus careened within inches of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I. We backed up against the rail breathing heavily.

Hermione led the way. She rushed down the city street, us following at her heels. There was a strange bear dressed up in a soldier costume asking if I wanted a tour. Instead, I wanted to scream.

"Where are we?" I asked looking around at the large screens and street vendors. I was so confused.

"Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come to the theaters here with Mum and Dad," Hermione explained. "I don't know why I thought of it. It just popped into my head. This way."

Hermione led us down a dark alleyway. She opened up her purse. "We need to change."

We walked over to the side of the alley. I gave Harry my purse as I stuck my hand in it, so I was shoulder deep. I pulled out pairs of jeans, T-shirts, and some light overcoats handing them to Harry as I took them out.

"How the ruddy... ?" Ron was astonished.

"Undetectable Extension Charm," I said. "Hermione taught me. Incredible she is."

"You're amazing, you are," Ron complimented.

"Always the tone of surprise." She gave her bag a slight shake, and there was a loud echoing noise of heavy objects as if something had fallen. "Ah. That'll be the books."

"When did you do all this?" Harry asked as I put my jeans on under my dress.

"We've had the essentials packed for days, you know, in case we needed to make a quick getaway," I answered. Harry handing me his bundled-up robes. Using my magic, I turned my dress into a t-shirt, then put on a coat. We moved back up the side street and onto the main road again, where we passed a night café.

"This will do, in here!" Hermione said, guiding us into the place. A light layer of grease lay on all the Formica-topped tables, but it was at least empty. We slipped into the seats, and Ron sat next to Hermione, Harry next to me. I had my back to the entrance and did not like it: I glanced over my shoulder so frequently so I must have appeared to have had a twitch.

"What about the people at the wedding?" Harry asked. "Do you think we should go back?"

"They were after you, mate. We'd put everyone in danger going back." Ron said.

"Ron's right." Hermione agreed.

The gum-chewing waitress shuffled over. She had weird things in her ears connecting them to a small device she pocketed. "Ahem. Coffee?"

"A cappuccino, please." Hermione ordered.

Ron and I looked at each other both thinking, The fuck is that?!

"Mm, you?" the waitress looked towards Ron. He didn't know what to say.

"We'll have what she said," I pointed to the two of us and nodded at Hermione.

"Same," Harry said when she looked at him. She turned on her heel and walked to the back.

"So where do we go from here? The Leaky Cauldron?" Ron asked.