⎡52⎦

UPDATE AS OF DECEMBER 21, 2020: bro wtf i literally cant read this chapter without wanting to defenestrate myself i think i was 13 when i wrote this so yes, i do realize Hazel is a dramatic ~you know what~ but I'm gonna fix it eventually 😔

Hazel's P.O.V.

The month of November came upon us and Cedric and I are inseparable. We were trying to figure out what that stupid egg it trying to say. It sounds like a dying banshee to me.

Astoria and I were walking to dinner when I noticed Astoria looked uncomfortable and was looking around the place. I stopped walking and looked at her.

"Is there something I don't know?" I asked.

She looked at me opening and closing her mouth but nothing came out. "Well, Diggory and Chang seem to have been pretty close to each other lately."

I looked at her quizzically. "I'm sure that's not true. Cedric loves me and I trust him." I turned around.

"Never put too much trust in boys." I heard her mutter behind me.

She caught up with me and we entered the Great Hall. I looked over at the Hufflepuff table and saw it.

Cho had her arm around Cedric whose elbows were on the table with his hands together. Cho's mouth was moving and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled at her and didn't say anything.

My jaw dropped. I didn't want to cause a scene so I rushed out of the Great Hall and into the girls bathroom. Astoria rushed in after me. I held onto the sink, breathing hard, looking into the mirror. My face contorted with anger. I could feel my hands burning up, starting to turn a red a colour. It was possible for me to create fireball at that moment. I glanced at my hands but returned my gaze to the mirror.

Aren't Hufflepuffs supposed to be loyal? Aren't Slytherins the rotten ones?...

Pulling my arm back, I punched the mirror in a fit of rage.

"HAZEL!" Astoria shouted.

I cursed under my breath and stood up straight, grabbing my arm that now had extremely deep cuts on it.

"Let's go to Madam Pomfrey before anyone sees me," I said walking out and fighting back tears not of pain rather the feeling of disloyalty. We walked to the Hospital Wing in silence when I finally said "Astoria, I still love him. Why is that?"

"If I had an answer I would tell you."

We went through the doors into the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey scurried in.

"Oh, my!" She exclaimed. She whipped out her wand.

"Wait! Can we just let it heal like muggles do?" I asked. I wanted Cedric to see the pain he caused me. She pushed her lips into a line debating whether she should or not. After a few seconds, she sighed and pocketed her wand. She rushed to the back and came back out with a gauze that she began to wrap around my arm.

Cedric couldn't have just cheated on me... could he?

. . .

Astoria and I were walking back to our dorm when we saw Cedric on the way. I eyed him with revulsion and walked quicker. He spotted me and ran up to me.

"Hazel! What happened?" He asked. I squinted at him.

"You traitor." Astoria snarled. Cedric started at her in confusion.

"I saw you with Cho." I said with my head held high. It might have looked like I was strong on the outside but on the inside, I was crushed.

"Cho's just a friend," he said putting his finger under my chin and lifting it. I stepped back looking at his hand in disgust.