Last Day: Time to ask

Harrys POV

I dropped Hannah off at her house and regret doing that. I wish she wasn't so persistent in me hanging out with my dad. But I get where she is coming from, at least I have a dad who is still alive or trying to spend time with me. I just wish I got to spend more time with her. 

I drive back to my house to get changed and head over to the park where I will be giving Hannah my promise ring. My phone begins to buzz and the name pops up as Niall calling me, making me smile. If Hannah and I get married, he is for sure going to be my best man.

"Hey Ni, whats up?" I say into the speaker.

"Hey Harry. I wanted to tell you something before tonight..." he sounds uneasy, making me worry.

"Okay, what is that?" 

"Hannah and I, well, we, I don't know how to say it" 

"Just say it" My heart beating faster than it should. I know Hannah loves me, I know she wouldn't do anything with him. I know!

"Hannah and I, we kissed the other night and some times before, while you guys were dating. I know I shouldn't be telling you this over the phone, but I needed you to know before you did anything tonight" My heart stops beating, I slam the breaks on my car, not being able to breath.

"Harry?" He talks through the phone. I cant believe it.

"Harry I'm so sorry! I never meant for this to happen! I knew I shouldn't have kissed her all those times, but I had feelings for her and I couldn't help it!  I am so sorry!" I pull over to the side and finally force myself to speak.

"Niall, I don't know what to say" I finally say. I honestly don't. Niall and Hannah, Hannah and Niall!

I knew all along he loved her! I knew he loved her, but then he found Ally so I thought he was over her, which he was! But then sh cheated on him so he went back to Hannah. 

"I knew it! Niall I knew you still loved her! I knew you wanted her! Well guess what? I am done trying to have a fight with you for her. You know I have liked her for the longest time! You knew I was going to give her a promise ring, but yet you still made moves on her!" I raise my voice through out my anger words to him. I cant hear anything over my anger rising inside of me!

"Harry, I am so sorry! I just know she wouldn't tell you so me, being your best friend, told you!" 

"You have got to be kidding me! I would've been better off without knowing! Knowing that the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with has been cheating on me, multiple with my best friend sucks! But you know what?"

"Yes?" He sounds hopeful.

"I'm not mad" I finally say out loud I'm not mad. I really am not mad. Its just hard to actually hear the truth, but its better this way.

"What? Why? How?" 

"She cheated on me, yes, but she stayed with me. She chose me over you and thats something I can be proud of for the rest of my life. Hannah loves me, so she stayed with me. Hannah and I are going to be engaged by the end of the night. I'm not giving her a promise ring, I'm giving her an engagement ring." 

"What?" He says, I can tell he cant breath. Neither can I.

"I am going t ask her to marry me!" I feel my heart beat again, actually meaning what I am saying.

"Well, congrats man. Thats, thats great" I can hear the disappointment in his voice. 

"Niall, are you upset?" I ask with clear sarcasm in my voice.