Your Song

(Tadashi x Reader)

-----------------------------------

"Are you ready to go (Y/n)? Your boyfriend is waiting outside."

 You rolled your eyes at your grandma's reply. "Grandma. He's not my boyfriend."

"He's a hotty, you should ask him to be yours before other girls do. I know I would."

You mouth gaps at your grandma and laugh. "GRANDMA!"

She laughed at your cherry red face. "I'm joking, (Y/n). But he is good looking."

"I'M GOING NOW!"

 A hint of amusement in your voive from your grandma's tactics to get you and your best friend together. "You know, the window is wide open." Heat ran across your face while heading over to your best friends red scooter.

"Oh............really?" His brown eyes held amusement, handing you a helmet.

"Yes, really and I found out your grandma thinks I'm hot." That made you laugh, wrapping your arms around him as he took off down the road.

Tadashi Hamada. He lived in San Fransokyo but he always came out far from the city to see you. When he has time off from school, he'd visit you and right now he planned to take you to the river near your house.

"Did you bring everything?" Tadashi grinned at your question and nodded before turning off at a smooth dirt road between many trees.

Soon you two had set up a picnic as the sun began to set. "Why did you plan this so late, Dashi?" Tadashi bit his lip without you noticing since he has his back turned to put a blanket on the ground. "i was busy earlier with helping my Aunt with the cafe, so........."

A smile of understanding appeared on your face. "It's alright. I understand." A small basket with sandwiches and your favorite pastry was inside which Tadashi thanked his aunt for. "i brought my famous tea!" you exclaimed, pulling it from your bag in a container.

Tadashi smiled brightly. "Great! I always loved your tea!" A blush formed on both of your cheeks.

It was dark by the time you two finished your food and started to relax back on the blanket. "The stars are beautiful from here." You heard Tadashi. "Yeah, well this place is nowhere near the city so no lights can block them out."

Comforting silence rang around with the crickets chirping and the river flowing calmly. "Hey (Y/n)?" "Yeah?" Hesitantly, Tadashi sat up and turned to you. "Do..............do you think we could..........I don't know......" At that you sat up concerned, but Tadashi stood and held out his hand to you. "Do you want to dance?"

You laughed, hoping he was joking, but you slowly stopped because of the serious face he had. "A-Are you serious?" Tadashi nodded. Slowly you took his hand with him pulling you up with ease. Tadashi's hand held one of your's as the other placed itself on your back gently.

The closeness made you blush heavily. Tadashi chuckled at you, then started to move swiftly. You two danced for a bit then Tadashi suddenly leaned in by your ear to whisper.

"I like you so much (Y/n)."

Your breath hitched. "Tadashi." Those brown eyes sparkled with that warm smile, making you smile. "I like you too, Tadashi."

A hand made its way to the back of your neck, your eyes closing as your hands clinged to his cardigan sweater.

The kiss was sweet and tender as the stars twinkled above you two.

Your song of the flowing river, chirping crickets, and silent cheers of the stars