I Wanna Mom That Will Last Forever (Aunt Cass x Reader)

You sat up gasping from another nightmare with your heart pounding. Your best friend Hiro snored in his bed as you lay in Tadashi's bed while he slept on the couch. An unsettling feeling was inside you and shook your head.

'I can't wake them up because of this.' You thought. 

Getting out of bed, you crept past Hiro then Tadashi to the front door as you opened it to sit in the doorway. Tears started streaming down your face as you looked up at the sky even though you barley saw the stars.

Your mom had passed away 5 years ago and it's been hard since you dad isn't always there all the time. It felt like you were burdening the Hamadas when you'd have episodes of missing your mom.

That pain........it hurts even though you don't exactly feel it most times. Who could ever replace a mom, especially your mom? 

"(Y/n)?" A gentle hand was placed on your back as a figure sat by you with a worried expression. You wiped your face, then glanced at Aunt Cass only to start crying again as you could see her face with that motherly look.

"Oh sweetie." Cass brought you in an embrace. You sobbed onto her and curled up. "I miss her Aunt Cass. Everywhere I go I see little girls with their moms. I-I-I-" Hot tears streamed down your face, trying to catch your breath.

Aunt Cass rubbed your back soothingly, listening to you and began to run her hand in your hair. "Just let it out, sweetie."

"I-I didn't cry or mourn when she went, even at her funeral but.......i-it was all too fast! Its slowly catching up with me! I miss her so much Cass!" You had wrapped your arms around the woman. The way she hugged you remained you of when your mom hugged you as you cried from pain, fear, and sickness.

"I want a mom that will take my hand through everything I got through even if we argue....I just wanna mom that will love me forever and be there for me! Protect me and say she'll always love me!" You poured it all out in hurt and sadness.

Cass cried a bit, knowing how you felt so she gently looked at you. "(Y/n)." You looked up then Cass lifted a hand to wipe your tears with her thumb and smiled gently. "No one can last forever but I can tell you that you will see your mom when it's time. She will always watch over you and be there for you through everything."

You listened, still letting out tears. "I'm here for you (y/n). Me, the boys, and your friends. Though I'll be your mom now and I know I can't replace her." Cass pushed your hair behind your ear, then looked at you with so much comfort. "But I'll always be there for you just like my two boys. I'll be there when you're scared, sick, sad, everything. To help you feel loved."

You feel her pull into an embrace again but this time.........you felt comfort, safety, love, and.......just like when your mom hugged you. Though you couldn't see Aunt Cass' face, you hear your mom.

"(Y/n), I may not be here on Earth with you, but.......I'll always be here to watch and protect you. You don't have to be scared.......I will always love you."

That's when I cried again, then smiled as I hugged my mom as she hugged me back. "I know and I won't worry because I know that it's true." Aunt Cass then helped you up, still holding you in embrace. "Let's go inside now." Before Aunt Cass let go, you pulled her in a hug again. "I love you, Aunt Cass."

Cass smiled warmly. "I love you too, (Y/n)." You could hear your mom and Cass' voice mix.

'I wanna mom that will last forever. To hold me when I cried, to make it all feel better, to love me always. To protect me. I don't have to want anymore. I already have one.'