No One (Fred x Reader)

(Okay so one of my friends who I use to go to school with wanted me to make a Fred x Reader for her, using her favorite song No One by Aly & Aj. Enjoy!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am moving through the crowd. Trying to find myself. Feel like a guitar that's never played. Will someone strum away?

You made your way through the crowds of the busy streets fo San Fransokyo, trying to find a place with peace since life wasn't exactly going your way. Graduating High School, so you can get your dream job, but......life decided to make it harder for you. Bankrupt, months late rent for your home, car broken down, everything! A sigh of complete disappointment and failure.

And I ask myself, who do I want to be? Do I wanna throw away the key? And invent a whole new me and I tell myself. No one, No one. Don't want to be, no one, but me.

Maybe everyone was right. Your dream job wasn't going to get you anywhere in life and that was hard to comprehend in your mind, since you'd believe in following your dreams and your heart. The busy streets of the city was now faint with only people here and there. Your eyes traveled to a school, which held a beautiful campus inside. "I hope they don't mind." You said to yourself.

You are moving through the crowd. Trying to find yourself.

You strolled onto the grassy campus, not looking at some of the students who pass by you that talked excitedly about how they pass their tests. A sigh escaped your mouth, remembering you were the same only they were smarter because of the name of this famous school. Your feet clunked on the wooden boards of a small bridge before stopping to peer out at the campus. "Maybe if......I go to college-"

Feelin' like a doll left on a shelf. Will someone take it down?

A sad sigh, yet again escaped your mouth as you climbed to sit on the railing of the bridge. Your feet dangled as your elbows rested on your knees so you could support your chin on your hands. Below you was ankle deep; clear waters that reflected light on your face. "-who am I kidding. Even if I do go to college, my family.....and my friends wouldn't approve that I want to follow my dream." You blinked back tears, sniffling.

And you ask yourself, who do I wanna be? Do I wanna throw away the key?

"That's not cool." A voice said beside you and you tensed. In the corner of your eyes you can make out someone in some kind of green mascot suit, maybe a monster of some sorts? Your hands gripped the wooden rails in anxiety, since you don't know who this person is and you're alone with them. 'Just go away.' You thought, but they stayed there and you'd seen them flip the mask off like a hood. 

"No need to be scared of Freddy! Oh wait! That sounded creepy." He mumbled in thought. He suddenly jumped to take a seat next you, which now you'd seen he had dirty boonde hair and blue eyes. "Okay. Let's start over." You watched him pull out his arm from the suit so he can shake hands. "My name is Fred and I'm the mascot of this school. You are?"

And invent a whole new me.

Hesitantly you reached out to shake his hand, making you smile a tiny bit as he shook your arm like a wave. "(Y/n)." Fred smiled, answering in thought. "That's......an amazing name. So, I know we just met and all, but is everything alright?" Fred raises a brow with concern in his eyes. You sigh, looking back down at the water. "Everything is wrong. My life, everything." Fred listen intently as you talk about what happened with your home, car, basically everything, especially when everyone put you down on your dreams.

Gotta tell yourself. No one, no one. Don't wanna be, no one, but me.

"I......I just want to change who I am, so I can please them." The heaviness in your chest made you almost cry again, but you held it back. "You know.....you can't always please everyone all the time, but (Y/n)...." You look at Fred who's smiling warmly. "....there are other people who will appreciate you for who you are. Okay, I'm not so good at this stuff, but those friends you have aren't your friends. Your family should be happy you're doing your best. You didn't give up and you kept fighting." 

Something in your heart made finally made your brain click. Fred was right. "I can see you're an awesome person (Y/n) and I'm your friend now. Follow what makes you happy, I'm happy who I am. Crazy, awesome, COMIC LOVER and I'm FREDILLA!" He made a growling face which made you laugh uncontrollably.

Your life plays out on the shadows of the wall. You turn the light on to erase it all.

Fred looked at you and laughed too. You feel him nudge you gently, "Just be yourself, (Y/n) and ALL THIS!" He gestures to everything and smiles a mellow expression at you. "Will come together." A pat to your head, causes you to grin and shove him lightly.

You wonder what it's like to not feel worthless. So open all the blinds and all the curtains.

You smiled warmly. "Thank you, Fred. My day has made a major turn around in a good way." Fred chuckled, patting your back. "Nah. A friend needed help and I helped." That made you grin happily. "You think of me as your friend?" Fred nodded, but he was suprised you hugged him. "You're my friend too!" Fred started to think then grinned, giggling excidedly before pulling you back on the walkway of the bridge. "Freddy's got an idea!"

No one, no one. Don't wanna be, no one, but me.

"What?" You tilted your head, smiling which you didn't notice Fred's light blush. "Since you're having trouble with money and stuff, why don't we have a fundraiser! Freddy's positive his friends will help!" You grinned and bounced with Fred, feeling so happy right now. Fred was adorable when he addressed himself in third person, so why not you try. 

"(Y/n)'s happy she's getting help from a real friend!" Fred's eyes widen then smiled brightly. "Yes!" Fred drags you to the labs his friends are working in, while saying hello to everyone you two pass. You laugh, noticing everyone laughing or smiling at Fred's silliness.

We are moving through the crowd.