Should've Said Sorry (Tadashi x Reader)

(This is an angst/sad oneshot. A request from @Dat_AnimeFanatic . I'm very sorry it took too long. Enjoy!)

~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*

Of course it had to be now. Right now where this most amazing date of your life has happened.

There he stood right outside of the restaurant as your fiancé was talking to the man at the reservation booth about future dates.

"(Y/n)...,.." Oh how you missed that tender loving smile and his eyes held so much serenity, but a glint of guilt.

"Tadashi....." Your voice said in a whisper, almost shaking from crying right on the spot.

----------------------------

"Dashi! Guess what!?"

Tadashi glanced up from the book to see a very enthusiastic you, which made him grin brightly. "You got a free donut from Aunt Cass?"

You rolled your eyes, laughing and sit next to your kind-hearted boyfriend. "I wish, but no. Its something better!" You kissed his lips tenderly.

Tadashi chuckled, pulling you onto his lap and kisses you back passionately, "Inform me on this exciting news."

You nuzzles his chest, smiling in content and Tadashi glances down at you but sees a letter in your hands. "I'm guessing this is what your happy about?"

The white, clean folded, letter held in your hands was very important to both of you, though you don't know if you should tell Tadashi. Nervousness and fear filled you, making you gulp.

"Tadashi.........you love me more than anything and you wouldn't let anything get in the way of it, right?" Your voice shook.

Tadashi furrowed his brows in confusion, but smiled gently and cupped your face, "Nothing will. I'll stay true to you and I love you more than anything, (Y/n)."

With a tentative nod, you handed Tadashi the letter. He took it and opened it as you spoke.

"I know it's away from you and everyone but they offered great education for me! I mean, I love (fav.subject) and the college said they'd help with teaching more and help me achieve my dream job-"

"(Fav.College/University/Institute)? But.........But you said you were gonna try to get into SFIT so we could be together."

You bit your lip, "I-I know, but-"

Tadashi stood and paced, throwing the letter on the bed and running his hand over his face, "You promise! (y/n), You promised."

You got up with worried and concerned expression, reaching out to touch his shoulder. "Tadashi, it's not only that. SFIT didn't answer yet and I need to get into school so could help support yo-"

Smack!

You're eyes widen and you cradled your hand, tears threatening to fall.

Tadashi panted angrily and groans, "You lied to me."

You cried but felt anger burst inside you as you glared at him, "No, YOU lied to ME! Tadashi, you said you didn't care where I went and you'd support in any decision I make....."

With sadness in your eyes, you stared at Tadashi with disappointment, "Did......did you forget already? Did all what you said mean nothing?"