Chapter 1

Brantley's POV:

"No Mitch. The answer was no last week, and it's still no this week. I don't do the Hollywood pretty boy bullshit. That ain't me." I shrugged at my manager. Last week he pulled me aside and told me about a part in an upcoming movie. A hot shot author of one of those smutty romance novels decided she wanted her book to be turned into a movie. "Brantley please, just consider it. The author asked for you specifically. By name." He insisted. I didn't respond. Just looked at him. He held up his hands. "Ok, ok.. I'll back off for now. But dude.. Lacey James... Lacey friggin James. How can you say no to that?" He shook his head in wonder.

2 weeks later:

I was at an interview for a local radio station when the DJ brought it up again. "Ok BG, give us the scoop. Word has it that you were hand picked for this role, but you turned it down." He said. I nodded. "Yeah man, my manager told me about it, but I just don't think that it's really my thing. I don't think I could act to save my life. The BG nation has been busting my chops, telling me to go for it though." I chuckled. "Well I'm inclined to agree with them! You'd be playing a big, gun toting , patriotic, alpha male. Where exactly would the acting come in there man? That's you, just with a different name." He chuckled. I had to laugh at that. We were interrupted as someone knocked on the studio door. "Oh my God. Guys, you aren't going to believe this. Lacey James and author Gail Andrews just walked into the studio." The DJ gushed. I stood like a gentleman to greet the women. "Hi Brantley, sorry to interrupt, but I'm Gail Andrews, I wrote the book. I don't mean to come across as pushy, but I need you for this role. I'm fed up with these boys in Hollywood. You're the real deal. Old school alpha male." She paused. I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean real deal?" I sort of grinned, wondering where the woman was going with this. Without warning she grabbed Lacey, who was standing next to her, and shoved her hard, I reacted quickly and caught her. Keeping my arm around her waist so she wouldn't stumble I bent my knees to be eye level with the small woman. "You alright darlin?" I asked softly. Her eyes were big and she sucked in a stuttered breath. She nodded hastily. "Thank you." She whispered. I let her go, but kept her close. Just in case. Gail clapped loudly. "That's what I mean. You're genuine Brantley. Please?" She asked again. "Alright... But if I've gotta wear make up or skinny jeans, I'm rollin out." I finally gave in. Everyone in the studio whooped excitedly. Lacey hugged me unexpectedly, her face burried in my chest. I shook my head and grinned. As they left, Gail tossed me a copy of the book and the script. "Be in Los Angeles in a week." She winked. "Yes ma'am." I chuckled.