Chaptwr 34

Lacey's pov

The sound of one of the babies fussing woke me from a deep sleep. I expected it to be about 6 am. That's usually the time they want breakfast. My stomach twisted when I realized it was 8am and my babies hadn't eaten yet. Did I sleep through their cries? I had just slipped into a fuzzy robe when I heard Brantley's voice through the monitor. "Shhshhhshh daddy's got ya princess." He was soothing Penelope who settled quickly at the sound of her daddy's voice. 6 months later she's still daddy's girl. "Now I thought we agreed this morning to stay quiet so mommy could get some rest. You two had her up all night." That's about the time Leland giggled. I could listen to this all day. "That's not very nice Mr!" Brantley joked. "Don't start acting like me already. Your mama doesn't deserve that. One hell raising Gilbert is enough in this town."
Good I love that man. He's perfect and he's taken to being a father like I coudlnt believe. He's been so wonderful. He even planned our wedding and surprised me with the whole  thing. It was a total surprised. I came home from a doctors appointment with the babies to find him all cleaned up in a pair of black jeans, button up, and no hat. I knew something was up because he wasn't supposed to be home until two days later. Kolby ran off with my babies and Ms Becky rushed me upstairs where a beautiful simple cream dress waited on me. The note pinned to it read; I know we said we would wait, but I just can't. So slip into that dress and come to the back deck so the preacher can make it official. And don't you dare do a thing to you hair except run a brush through it. I like it just the way it is. So I did as I was told, except I took two seconds to touch up my makeup. 20 minutes, and a box of tissues later I was officially Ms Brantley Gilbert. We were both so emotional we had to wait and calm down to take pictures. Other wise we would look like a hot mess. But the pictures I love the most are the one of us kissing; the photographer got a close up and you can see a tear running down Brantley's cheek. Of course the other one is of all four of us.

The end.