Chapter 32

Lacey's pov

We've been on the road for about 3 hours and I'm so ready to be home. Unfortunately we have about 30min to go and I just can't get comfortable. My back has a mild ach that twinges from time to time and I've got to pee again. This sweet child of mine seriously needs to learn Mommy's bladder is not a trampoline. We just passed a sign for a rest stop on old 129 when Brantley's cell rang. I tapped the screen on the console to answer mama Becky's call. "Kolby and I have a surprise for you when you get home." You could hear the smile in her voice as she playfully taunted us. What had this sweet woman done now? Brantly was just about to ask her and something was said about waiting until we got home, but from the puddle I just made in the passenger seat we wouldn't be going home just yet. "We're not going home." I managed to whine out through the stabbing pain assaulting my lower back. Brantley gave me one hell of a confused look. "What do you mean? Then where we going baby girl?" When he finally looked over at me he saw my pain and everything clicked. He was instantly in papa bear mode. "Mama, we won't be there. Lacey just went into labor. Meet us at the hospital." "Call her back. We don't have anything!" I was frantic. Thinking of everything we would need. "We don't have anything to bring the baby home in; we don't have any of my stuff." Per usual Brantley was ten steps ahead of me. "Lacy, baby, sit back and relax. I have a bag packed in the back seat. It's been there for the last two weeks. I've got cloths for both of us, couple outfits to choose from if we have a boy or girl, and the list of family members to call. Even packed some of your favorite chocolate and coffee for you after you deliver since you decided to leave them be for a while." I wanted to tell him thank you and how sweet it was to pack those, but the pain ramped up and I screamed. "Get me to the hospital now and get this brat out of me!"........
6 hours later I was feeding our baby boy, while Brantley rocked our baby girl. Guess it's a good thing Brantley brought multiple outfits to choose from. What I can't figure out how the doctors missed the fact that I was carrying twins! Now we have to decide on two names. Of course everyone was hinting their personal suggestions. That's why Brantley and I decided to wait until everyone went home to throw ideas around.Thank God Ms Becky wanted us to have options and made kolby get two different cribs because she couldn't choose. I don't know what I would do with out that woman.