Chapter 25

Brantley's POV:

3 days later....

We were in the exam room at the dr's office, Lacey was fidgeting with the paper gown, unable to sit still. The dr came in and introduced herself. She looked at me, then back to Lacey. "Umm... Sir you do know what this exam will entail right? You may be more comfortable in the waiting room." She said rudely. I didn't like her. "Yes ma'am, I'm well aware. I'm perfectly fine right here. That's my youngin in there and I'm damn well going to be right here." I told her stubbornly. "Well let's hope you are t squeamish.." She huffed. "Hell I offered to hold the cup for the urine sample. You want me to do the exam too?" I grinned like a smart ass. Lacey snorted. "Brantley!" She giggled. I kissed her forehead and grit my teeth. We'll definitely be changing doctors. After the exam, and the results came back, we had it confirmed. Lacey is almost exactly 2 months pregnant. Momma nailed it. Once we got back to the house, Lacey couldn't stop grinning. "Can we tell everyone? I wanna scream it from the rooftops!" She giggled. "Absolutely pretty girl." I smiled at her and we released statements on our social media accounts. Lacey tweeted a picture of her belly, with the ultrasound picture taped to it, and my hand cradling the curve of her little tummy. It looked awesome. She did it in black and white. My hand nearly spanned hip to hip, it looked huge against her small frame. She put it on Twitter with the caption 'Baby Gilbert will be making his/her appearance in 7 months! Can't wait! Mommy and Daddy love you so much already! #Daddyhopesyoureaboy #mommydosentwantdaddytogotoprison' I cracked up when I saw the hashtags. She was right. If the baby is a girl, I'll end up in prison before she's 17. Momma called Lacey not long after to meet her in town, so she headed out and I kicked back to watch some tv.

2 hours later...

"Hello?" I answered the phone. "Brantley get down here!" My momma cried into the phone. I was already pulling on my boots and grabbing my keys. "What's wrong angel?! What's going on? Are you alright?! Where's Lacey?!" I rambled. "He... He... He has her Brantley! Chase! He skipped out on his court date and he took her!!!" She sobbed. I saw red. "I'm on my way." I rumbled and hung up. I roared into the empty house. On my way out the door I grabbed the judge, my .357, and a 12 gauge sawed off style shotgun. I wasn't playing nice anymore. I knew momma and Lacey went to the diner in town so I made it there in minutes. Cops were everywhere, momma was crying, I saw red. "Which way did they go? What'd he say?" Was all I said. The cops refused to say anything. Momma pointed south. About that time my phone buzzed. I checked it quickly, and put my fist through my side window when I saw what came in. It was a picture from a blocked number. A picture of Lacey, tied up and gagged, in an abandoned warehouse. I knew they had to be close. I was only minutes behind them. There wasn't enough time to get far, and have her bound. "I'm gonna find this motherfucker. And when I do, he'd better pray that God has mercy on his soul. Because I sure the fuck won't. I'm out for blood." I told the cop that tried to stop me. I grabbed a map out of my glove compartment, quickly circling every warehouse I knew of in the county. If I had to check every one of them myself, I would. My only care was making sure my woman and my child were safe. My hand was bleeding from punching the window, glass shards everywhere. I didn't give a shit. This was war.