Chapter 23

Lacey's pov

Brantley looked like he was in shock when I hopped up on the counter. "Ok, obviously I missed something major while I was in the bathroom. Why does he look like that? Like he's in shock or something? And what's going on in 7 months?" My question made mama Becky laugh out loud. "Lacy baby." Brantley's voice drew my attention back to him. I just raised an eye brow and waited for him to speak. "Did the doctor say why you needed to come back? Or were you just assuming its over basic results?" He braced himself on the island. "Well kinda assuming. I mean it's how they always do it. Except he wanted me to see a doctor here asap. That's why I said they would be taking g more samples. Honestly I'm kinda worried. Last time anything remotely like this happened I had a questionable cell sample and they had to make sure I didn't have overian cancer." Again Ms Becky just shook her head as Kolby made his grand entrance. "Well if it isn't the local jail bird and his love bird." He chuckled patting Brantly on the shoulder. Kolby immediately knew something was off. "Ummm anyone care to share? Dude did you kill someone this time...?" Ms Becky slapped him upside the back if the head making him whine and rub the spot. "Ok fine, I'll shut up, but someone clue me in." Brantly and I just looked at Ms Becky impatiently waiting for an answer. All eyes were on her. She slightly raised her hands and started talking so quickly I almost didn't catch what she said. Then it hit me like a tone of bricks. "Now keep in mind I'm no doctor, but I would bet good money the doctor is going to tell you I get to be a grandma in about 7 months or so." With her last words she took a step back. Kolby had a confused look on his face and Brantley shocked me when he picked me up and carried me out to the back porch. "Excuse us for a few minutes please." He told his mama as he slung me over his shoulder. The door shut behind us and Brantley settled into the swing with me in his lap I could still hear Ms Becky slapping kolby and telling him to get away from the door. Brantley growled and we could hear kolby scramble to move. I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm totally and completely lost." I confessed while Brantley slowly shifted making the swing rock. "Add these few things in: you're hungry all the time now, you don't want to be away from me, and you're now the one begging for attention every night we go to sleep." His words sunk in. And I felt like a train hit me. "Oh, my, god. Brantley how... well not how, but... Shit. I don't get it. I take the shot and I've not missed any, ever!" I was kinda starting to panick. "Calm down baby. Don't get all worked up just yet. It could all be a fluke. But if it's not. If the dock says your pregnant then it was simply ment to be. None of those meds are full proof and stress and mess with how they work right? God knows we've both been stressed. We'll just take this one day at a time. Let's not get to worked up until the dock tells us for sure. Ok?" How the hell is he so calm? I'm freaking out. "Talk to me darlin. I can't help if I don't know what's going through that pretty head of yours. I know this isn't an ideal situation, but honestly I'm wouldn't be disappointed id the dock said you were carrying my baby." The way he looked at me made me loose it. I teared up and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Then my hands started roaming. He growled making me shake. "Easy girl were at mamas and we've already scared her once." We both laughed and went inside to clue uncle kolby in. I will be shocked if the doctor says I'm not expecting. It all makes since.