Chapter 6

Lacey's POV

I felt pathetic and helpless when Brantley left for the gym. How can I be this stupid?! And why have I let Chase treat me like this? And for so damn long? Who does he think he is to tell me I have to quit or to think it's ok to put his hands on me like that? Better yet when did I lose my back bone? Sitting up in the massive California king size bed I decided then and there, things had gone on long enough. Chase's phone went straight to voice mail when I called. Instead of leaving a message I txt him: its over. I'll be over to get my things tomorrow. I suggest you be civil or I will call every tabloid in the city right after I call the sheriff.
I instantly got a reply: I'm packing your junk now. It will be dropped off at the hotel tonight. I don't want that neanderthal anywhere near me.
I laughed out loud when I read the message. Brantley is no neanderthal. Well I guess he kinda is, but I couldn't resist pissing Chase off one last time: that neanderthal is more of a gentleman than you could ever dream of becoming. Manners make a man, not money.
That was the last txt I sent. About 15 minutes later I got a call from the front desk that someone was coming up with a delivery. The poor Bell boy looked like he was ready to fall over. The luggage rack was bigger than him. After giving him a nice tip I decided to sort through what Chase had sent with made me furious. Half of these cloths are not even mine! The door clicking shut and Brantley's voice made my head snap up. "Wow what's wrong darlin? You look like you could spit nails and blow smoke out your ears." Brantley teased leaning up against the door to the bathroom. Man he looks sexy all hot and sweaty with no shirt on. I was lost in the sight of him so it took me a second to answer. "Chase took the liberty to send my stuff over. But half of these cloths are not even mine." I answered venomously as I throw the box off my lap. "Mind if I use the fire place B?" His answer was to toss me his lighter and shake his head at me. "What is it with females and burnin stuff? And no you do not get to blame it on Carrie or Miranda." We both laughed at his joke as I started tossing random items into the open hearth. "Hope the hotel doesn't get to upset. Oh speaking of they called and said the door was charged to the room. So we might want to call Gail and give her a heads up." I couldn't help but giggle at the memory of chase's face when Brantly kicked the door in. He looked like he almost shit himself. "Already called her. She said it's about damn time you got your head out of your ass and cut the jackass loose." Brantley told me as he gathered up some cloths out of his bag. "I'm gonna hop in the shower. How about you pick a place for dinner. And please keep in mind I don't do the fancy stuff. So some place I can wear jeans." I smiled like a fool. I've been doing that a lot around him. "I think I can manage that for the man that saved me multiple times."