Chapter 6

Amy POV

"Why are you even here?" Sonic asks. He has ankle shackles on and is chagrined that the Knights of the Round Table captured him.

"My father believes I'm part of the brawl. He wants me to tell my point of view," I answered. I then seated myself between Sonic and my ex, Eric.

"Sir Eric, you may go first," The secretary informed. He got up and enter my father's office.

The typing noises of the Secretary keyboard filled in the room. Her phone rings as she answers it. "Hello...Yes?...Okay, I'll be right there," she hangs up. "You kids behave. I don't want you Mobians get close to my desk," she advised and left to go somewhere.

Sonic and I sat there silent. I couldn't help but stare at him.

He was really handsome. Oh, Chaos. Why did he have to look like this? From the blue quills to his tan muzzle. Dear Chaos, those eyes. Those Emerald-Green eyes. Like-

"Is there something in my face?" Sonic questions, raising an eyebrow. I felt my cheeks get warm. He can't know that I was staring at him. Quick! Think of something!

"Yes. You have a bruise on your cheek," I half-lied. I lightly touched the bruise and he slightly winced. "Wait here," I told him. I left my seat and went behind the Secretary desk. There must be a First Aid kit hiding here somewhere.

The chair scraped against the floor as I hear the chains and footsteps coming its way towards me. "Uhh...Amelia? Yeah, your name's Amelia-"

"Please, call me Amy. You are a friend of mine," I pop my head up from under the desk. Sonic leaning on his arms on the table with a cheeky grin. "Alright then, Amy," I tensed when he used my nickname. It sounded amazing coming from him.

Gahh! Stop it, Amy.

I went under the desk and search for the kit. "Amy, you do know that we shouldn't be close to the woman desk," said Sonic. "Found it!" I exclaimed, popping my head up with the kit. "Also, I never expect you to follow any rules."

"I sometimes do, actually. Especially when your vexing knights chained me down..." He balled his fists, irritated.

"Don't worry. I know my father will release you after your turn," I promised him, holding his hand. His surprised look was adorable. I let out a giggle and lead him to our seats.

Taking out the equipment I need, I dabbed a cotton ball with alcohol. I gently patted the alcohol-filled cotton ball to his cheek. He bites down his tongue when he feels the sting. "...You don't have to heal me," I pulled the cotton ball away from the bruised and checked if there are any more bruises on his face. His eyes averted from staring at mines.

"Yes, I do," I spotted a cut on his lips. I held back a scared whine as I was nervous what Sonic'll say or do.

I grabbed another alcohol-filled cotton ball and dabbed it on his cut lip. He let out a hiss and grabs my wrist. "I could do this by myself," he lets go of my wrist and snatches the cotton ball I had on my hand.

"How rude of you. I was being kind," I snatched the cotton ball back. "What do you expect me to be? Nice when I step in this land?" He narrows his eyes. "What do you plan to do to us?"

"I was hoping you and your friends would change your villainous ways by learning from me and my kingdom," I uttered. Sonic crackles. "What's so funny? I'm being serious," I pouted.

His crackle turns into a chuckle. The office door open as Eric leaves from there. "Sonic, your turn," my father stands in the doorway.

"I can't move. I'm stuck," said Sonic. "Stop joking around. Get inside," my father rolls his eyes.

Sonic stands up and goes inside the office without exchanging a mischievous smirk to me. The door closes as Eric and I quietly sat.

A few minutes pass. Eric and I made small talk but we would always return to being silent. The door open and Sonic walks out without his ankles shackles. Father stands in the doorway with a furious glare directed at Sonic.

He calls out my name. Before I went inside, I look back at the boys. "You guys better not fight again," I sternly said.

'.'.'.'

Sonic POV

Great. Now I'm stuck with this brainless idiot. We wouldn't be here if he can actually accept the truth.

Pfft. Amy really thinks that I'll change. Ha! I guess I understand how they got together. Both of them are imbeciles.

But earlier before, I did hear that he has another chick. "How did you guys break up?" I blurted out.

Damnit! Now he thinks I want to talk to him.

I face-palmed myself. "Amelia had a close friend named Fiona the Fox. She was in love with me and would try to flirt behind Amelia's back. I started gaining feelings and we secretly dated until Amelia found out," He explained.

"Sheesh. Just stick with Fiona then," I rolled my eyes. "I can't." He stares at the ground. "And why is that?"

"She with another man." I let out a scoff. "And you?" He asked.

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to tell this dumbo my love life. "Love is useless," was all I said.

It was really ridiculous that we were actually talking and learning about each other. From what I remember, Eric was the son of Sir Lucan, one of the Knights of the Round Table.

Later on, Amy got out of her father's office with him. "You may go to your classes," said Arthur. Amy and Eric bowed as I left the office first. At the end of the hallway, I heed the upcoming footsteps.

"Goodbye, Amelia! Goodbye Sonic!" I heard Eric voice at the other end of the hallway. "Did he just waved at you?" Amy walks right beside me.

"I don't know and I don't care," I gruffed, making a turn. She hmph'd and folds her arms. "What class do you have?" she asks again.

I pulled my schedule from my back quills and checked. "Uhh. P.E." I answered, putting it away. "Great! I have P.E. too," she cheerfully gleamed.

We made to our stop. "Over there is the Boys locker room," she points to the other side. "And I better not catch you going in the Girls locker room."

I lean in forward. Our noses touched. "And what if I do to see you?"

She didn't lean back. Instead, she glares with her cheeks covered in pink. "I'll punish you then."

"That sounds great," I uttered. I didn't know where that came from.

Amy finally pulls back. She madly blushes and growls. "You pervert! Go to your locker room!"

"If you say so, Princess," I let out a chuckle.