Chapter 7

Normal POV

Leaving the boys locker room, a blue hedgehog stretches in the indoor basketball court. He was looking for a princess, a pink one. His emerald eyes caught a pink speck moving and looks over.

The pink hedgehog just happens to be exiting from the girl's locker room. She ties her quills into a ponytail, her gym attire is similar to the boys.

She looks up and skips her way to him. "Hi," she greets with a rustic smile. "...Hello," Sonic looks away.

"Alright! Partner up 'cause we're going outside," the coach announces before blowing his whistle. Sonic feels a pair of arms wrapped around his torso. He was taken aback to see Amy hugging him. "I guess we're partners..." he said, uncomfortable by her touch.

Their classmates whisper about them, some pointing. Sonic rolls his eyes and tugs the pink princess away from him.

The class partnered up and head to the field to run laps around the rounded tracks then played an activity. With Sonic competitive self and Amy's ambitious, they won the game. 30 minutes passed as the class was over. Sonic and Amy went separate ways and never saw each other until classes end.

Amy strolls down the halls, looking for the villain's room. Blaze was "kind" enough to tell her which room they were put. She spots the room number and knocks. The door swung open and there stood an unimpressed blue hedgehog.

"What do you want now?" He abrasively said. "May I come in?" Amy cutely asks.

"What for?"

"I was hoping that I can show you and your friends more about this land," Amy looks over his shoulder. It appears that Sonic's alone in the room. "Hey, is that a guitar?" she spots the instrument and lightly pushes Sonic to the side.

'.'.'.'

Amy POV

"Well. Well. Well. So you know how to play the guitar, huh?" I made my way to the guitar that lays against a blue bed. It has to be Sonic's since the other beds are the same color as the other's fur. I notice a written full-page paper on his bed. I was going for it but Sonic snatch it from my reach.

However, I did read a few words and was puzzled by it. "Was that a love letter?" I questioned.

He sits down on the end of the bed. "No. It's a..." he shivers in disgust. "...A love song."

"A love song!?" I plop myself next to him. I got scoot too close to him. "You wrote a love song! To who? Who is she?"

Sonic pressed his lips together in a thin line. "I didn't write it. Shadow did," He scoots away a tiny gap. "He can get...poetic...sometimes."

Shadow? Poetic? I don't think those words match well.

"Can I read it? I want to see it," I requested. He ignored me and picked up his guitar. "Sonic," I called. He strums two notes from his instrument. I called out his name again but still no response.

I let out a groan and fold my arms. I look back at him to see his smug look. "Oooh, I hate you," I muttered, gaining a chuckle.

Darn it, why did I like his chuckle?

"Can you, please, let me read it?" I begged. I did my best to do my winning puppy-dog eyes.

He rolls his eyes and gave it to me. "Fine. Whatever."

Reading the lyrics, it seems that Shadow's...um...his way of wording was depressing. As if someone broke his heart or going through heartache. I kinda wonder if Sonic somehow went through this too back in Avalon.

"I liked it," I complimented. I return the lyrics back as he accepted it. He takes one glance at the paper and then scoffs. "Is something wrong?" I asked.

His eyes averted away from mines. "Oh, nothing. Just a guy who wants to be alone and with no annoying pests here," He spat. How dare he! I threw multiple slaps to his shoulder, already annoyed by his rude comments. Regrettably, he wasn't affected by it and sniggers.

"Ugh! Why are you like this?!" I complained. "Your friends have the decency to learn about my culture but you won't!"

"That's because I don't want to. I can do whatever I want, princess," He wickedly smirks. He stands up and goes to a black drawer near Shadow's bed. He hides the paper in there. "I still don't get why you would choose me of all places," he said, looking back.

"As I said before, I was hoping to see if you guys would change your alignment," I told once again. It was the truth. It was the one of my main reasons they're here besides my secret mission. However, Sonic didn't look convinced by it.

He moved in front of me with narrow eyes. "Even if it were the truth, I don't see you accomplishing it." I stood up, glaring back at him. "It is the truth, you lunatic! I will change your friends for good. You'll see!"

"And when I achieve it, I certainly would enjoy your shame face. I'll have you on your knees, begging for forgiveness. Have you publicly shame. Force you to declare the whole kingdom that you were wrong. I'll finally have you respect me and my title."

The room stood quiet for a minute till Sonic hysterically laughs. "W-Was that y-your impression of being i-intimidating, hahaha?!" Oh chaos, I embarrassed myself. My pride is damaged.

"S-Shut up!" I yelled. My face turns red as he continues laughing. That's it! He's getting my hammer!

Right on time, his friends walked in and were surprised to see my presence. My face cools off as I was relieved they came back but disappointed that I didn't get to hit Sonic with my hammer.

I asked them if they would like to see the rest of the land. Rouge quickly agrees but Blaze and Shadow are unsure, however, with Rouge quietly talking to them, they were convinced. Shadow forcefully drags Sonic along and we spend the day touring the land.