One.

Maya .
I woke up turning off my alarm clock and groaned. It's not that I hate church I just don't like waking up early. But anyway I went in my closet and picked out a long black skirt and a a flowy white shirt with a jean jacket and teal sandals. I went in the bathroom and did my hygiene thing.

I walked out with my towel around me drying myself off and picked out and put on my undergarments then put on the clothes I picked out. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

"Hmm what to do with my hair .." I decided to put half in a bun and the rest hang down and I'll curl it. I went to the bathroom and turned my curling iron on and curled it. I walked out the bathroom and heard my phone vibrate, I walked over to it and Chres's name popped up indicating I have a text so I read it .

Aye you up? I'm driving today so you coming with me?
I mentally thanked his mom and replied.
Foreal? and yeah I'm almost ready anyway how far out are you?
I pressed send and put on my Paris Bath&Body works lotion on my legs arms and face. I left the stud in my nose and put on studs and little gold hoops (I have two holes peirced) and put a gold pearl in my cartilidge then put on my sandals. My phone vibrated again.

Naw for play play and I'm pulling out the house right now so about 20 mins so hurry up .

I scoffed and replied.

No need for sarcasm and you know what happens when people tell me to hurry up.
I put down my phone and grabbed my gold MCM bookbag and put a set of pants in there incase I wanna change, and my charger and deodarant then my phone vibrates again.

I already know, and you know where my patience is at so you'll be riding with ma lol keep playing.
I pouted I sometimes don't like riding with my mom because she bombards me with questions about why I haven't had a boyfriend yet, it's not that I can't get one it's just I'm only focused on school right now but trust this girl got options. My phone vibrated again showing a unknown number that text me.

Aye you coming to the party tonight?
I furrowed my eyebrows .
Who is this?
I sent the message and I heard a knock on my door .

"You ready pumpkin?" I smiled a little at my mom. I was the youngest of three I have two older brothers and I'm the youngest. They both moved out when they turned 18 , one went into the service and the other was going to college.

"Yeah actually mom Chres was coming to pick me up is that okay?"

"Oh yeah it's okay you know I've always liked that boy " she smirked at me and I shook my head. My mom wants me to date Chres because he's the only guy my mom trusts around me besides my brothers , Chres knows about her wanting us together and he finds it funny and innocent.

"Mooom Chres is my bestfriend , we been through this " I whined feeling my phone vibrate in my hand. She laughs and walks out.

"When it happens I told you so!" She shouted going downstairs. I scoffed and put on my gold and teal watch. My phone started playing Latch by Disclosure indicating Chres was calling so I answered .

"Yeah ?" I heard his keys jingle amd the door opening.

"Is the door locked?"

"Yeah but Mom is downstairs so she'll answer anyway.."

"Aight" I hung up on him knowing he'll say something about it once he comes in and grabbed my bookbag putting my purse inside and zipping it back up.

"Maya Santo is here!" I grabbed my bookbag and went downstairs to see him and my mom laughing. I took that moment to look at his clothes. He had on a short sleeve white button up shirt, jeans and his timberlands with his teal bucket hat in his hands. I took a second to realize we were matching .

"Hey bestfriend " he smirked at me as I walked up to them . He hugged me and I could smell his axe cologne and man did it smell good. He pulled away and my mom giggled, we both knew why causing him to laugh and me to roll my eyes.

"It's bout time to head out anyway you got everything ?" He said when he looked at me.

"Yeah service starts in 30 minutes " he nodded and looked at my mom.

"Need us to wait up?"

"Oh no yall can go I'll be right behind ya " she waved us off rushing upstairs. We walked to the door and he opened it for me and letting me leave out first.

"You look beautiful by the way " he said closing the door behind himself as we walked to his car. I smiled and pinched his cheek then he swatted it away.

"Thanks Lorenzo " he looked at me dully as I laughed. I was about to open my door until he stopped me.

"What?" He smirked but my puzzled look didn't waver. He opened my door for me and I got in then looked at him again.

"I felt like being a gentleman today " I blushed as he closed the door and jogged over to his side and got in. We put on our seatbelts and he cut the engine and pulled out on the road. I took out my phone and checked the message from earlier .

It's Anthony from gym.
I scrunched up my face. Anthony is a guy who has been asking me out since the 6th grade. It's not that he's ugly or anything but he's a character sometimes. I get that uncomfortable feeling around him , don't know how he got my number but he needs to lose it.

"Who did it ? " I looked over at Chres who was now looking at me since we were at a red light.

"Did what?" he chuckled and looked forward.

"You only scrunched up your face like THAT when something or someone is bothering you."

"Anthony got my number some how bruh " he tensed up and shifted in his seat.

"Anthony that just won't stop Anthony?" I nodded and sighed.

"Yeah some butthole gave him my number " he glanced at me and started laughing and I glared at him.

"What's funny? "

"You said butthole " the light turned green so and the car started moving again.

"I can't cuss remember the bet and plus we going to church "

"Aight but he acts funny so I would keep my distance.. " he trailed off while he was turning . But after he turned he continued.
"I over heard him saying he found another victim with his boys friday at the game, don't know who he was talking about but I would stay from him I don't need to go to jail this time ."

I smiled blocking Anthony number. When he said 'this time' he almost went to jail well juvenille once , it was for a good reason he was just protecting his mom from his alcoholic brother his brother went to far and pushed his mom hard into the wall while Chres was home, he ran down and started swinging on him. The neighbors called the police and they sort of handled it. They only gave Chres a warning because he was protecting his mom and his brother went to rehab then disappeared. I remember him coming to my house the next day breaking down because him and his brother were so close. But I think he got over it I don't know he is a pro at masking his emotions.

"Aye !" I snapped out of it and looked at him. He put his hand on mine and felt a small spark.

"You okay babygirl?" I blinked realizing I zoned out.

"Yeah I'm good " I smiled then looked out the window and seen we were at the church.

"Come on service is about to start."

Hey guys a lot has been happening . I had to delete 'Different' because I felt like I could do something better than that. Don't worry this story won't get deleted I promise ♥✌.