Finale Pt.3

Corey.
I sat there and listened to the doctors talk to Ms. Ava about Maya's progression but also staring down the hall in thought. It's been the longest week of my life, and I swears it been so much longer when she's not around.

"Last night was a difficult night to keep her stable so we're gonna be monitoring her as close as possible and have a nurse close by at all times. We don't need any more scares ." I shuddered at the thought.

It was around 3 in the morning where her heart rate picked up real fast then she flatlined. They attempted twice to revive her then the third time she came back. Ever since she gripped my hand it's been my thing every time I come into the room I just hold her hand. I know she's fighting she's gotta be . I took a deep breath running my fingers through my hair. My phone started vibrating indicating I had a call, I glanced and it was a long number and I answered.

"You have a collect call from Troy do you accept the charges?"

"Yes?"

"How's my dawg doing? " Was the first words that came out of his mouth.

"She's been up and down , the doctors been keeping a close eye on her all day ."

"Typh told me . Im talking about you.." I looked up at her and shrugged like he could see me.

"I'll be good once she wakes up ."

"Yeah but-"

"She's gon wake up." I said in a stern tone and he sighed.

"I never said she wasn't relax , but you barely been eating or sleeping you need to recharge man ." I shook my head . I didn't wanna leave her here , I didn't wanna miss anything.

"Nah man I will worry about eating and sleeping after she wakes up."

"Stubborn ass. Alright fine ." Typh walked in eating crackers and sat down on the bed .

"Who's that?" She said looking at me .

"Your man . " she nodded then looked at Maya and sighed.

"I'm not tryna rush you but you need to wake your ass up." She said wiping a tear .

"Where everyone went?"

"Chres is in the waiting room on the phone with his mom , Rose and Ray went to get us some food-"

"I'm not eating."

"I wasn't asking you ." She made a face indicating she was dead serious. D laughed on the other side of the line.

"I knew if I wasn't gon tell you she was ." I sucked my teeth. I appreciate their concern but I'm not interested in food right now. Ms. Ava walked in with her face frowned up.

"What's wrong ma?" Typh asked in a concerned voice.

"If there's any complications they want to but a damn breathing tube down her throat to steady her breathing. But I'm not having it ." I cringed at the thought of seeing that.

"Damn! My time is up but catch me up on the next call ." D said . I said okay and we said our goodbyes and hung up.

"She's been doing just fine , I don't want them causing any more pain ." Typh said trying to keep calm.

"I think that is a bit much ...is there any other choices." Her mom plopped in the chair.

"If she has another episode they have no choice..." I could hear the sadness in her voice. I squeezed her hand hopping for her to squeeze back but she didn't.

"Corey baby, you have barely left the room since she got here , I'm not asking you I'm telling you to go home and shower and change clothes and recharge." I opened my mouth to object but I decided against it.