Seventeen.

Few days later...

Corey.
I pulled up to Maya house turning the car off and getting the food and flowers I brung her. She was feeling down so I brought her some flowers to cheer her up a little. I knocked on the door and I heard her feet and she opened the door and she smiled a little.

"What you up to?" I chuckled and handed her the flowers and food. She took it and pecked my lips and walked to the kitchen and I followed behind her after closing the door.

"I knew you were feeling sad so I brought food flowers and...myself. " she giggled and I smiled.

"Yeah sorry I'm still stuck on what happened to Ray. Like yeah he's fine and all but what happened for him to be caught up in that situation in the first place?" I realized she wasn't really sad she was thinking.

"Yeah it was out of the blue , Ray don't have no major issues with no one where hey wanted to shoot him..right?" She shrugged.

"I can't think of no one . Ray was a good person despite his ass hole moments. "

"Well he's okay that's all that matters.." she shook her head.

"I know Ray he wants to know why would someone shoot up his house? Hell everyone wants to know and I know you do Corey ." I sucked my teeth.

"You know I wanna know who did it. But we can't go knocking on everyone's door."

"We don't have to. We just gotta put this puzzle together. " I sighed and wrapped my arms around my waist.

"Babygirl you know we want to get whoever did this. But I think we should take a minute to chill out and just help him heal." she looked up at me.

"Of course we're gonna help him heal. But how do we know that whoever did this doesn't do it again? Then what? " I could see her eyes water but she looked away.

"You don't know if that will happen it probably won't-" she cut me off moving out of my arms .

"What if it does?!" She didn't give me a chance to answer because she walked upstairs. I usually hated her catching attitudes and shit but, I start to think about what if she's right? Or what if someone else is a target next time? I sighed and jogged upstairs to her room. She had her back turned and I seen her wiping her face so I knew she was crying.

"Maya ?.." she glanced at me but didn't turn in my direction. I sat down on the bed and rubbed her back.

"I'm sorry for snapping on you like that..I just can't stop thinking about it. I thank God he survived because it could've been much worse, but I don't want it to be another time this happens to him again, or one of us..." she sat up holding her pillow close looking at her fingers.

"Nah I should be the one apologizing. This situation is still raw, you're still tryna cope with it and you have questions, I know we all do. There's nothing wrong with looking into it but we gotta be careful. I don't want anything happening to you." She looked up at me and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What about you?" I shrugged. She sucked her teeth and I smiled.

"I appreciate you being my super man but you bleed just like I do. So I don't want neither one of us getting hurt." She put her hand up to my face and kissed me. I deepened it and pulled her closer and she pulled away and I frowned.

"Uh uh come here. " I pulled her face and kissed her again. This time I managed to climb on top of her and she wrapped her legs around my waist. But there was a knock on the door that scared us both.

"Yeah uh sorry to interrupt but uh this is important. " Rose said smiling apologetically and jogged downstairs.

"How'd she get in?" She laughed and pushed me gently off her.