Twenty Two.

The closer we got to the precinct the faster my heart was beating. We got there quickly as we left my house. We ran in the building noticing Corey pacing back and forth.

"Corey where is he?" His head shot up and looked at us . He looked so stressed out.

"In a holding cell . They not letting me see him or telling me what he was arrested for ." He look pissed and so were we. And the fact that they weren't telling us anything was making this whole situation fishy.

"What the hell?! " Maya yelled causing one of the officers to look her way.

"Ma'am I'm gonna ask you to lower your voice." He said with a smirk . And she snapped her head at him.

"Sir I'm gonna ask you to mind your business." The officer walked around the desk and mugged her and honestly I was prepared for anything.

"Your friend could go through a lot worse here so I suggest you shut your mouth." Hold on who the fuck?

"You talk a lot of shit behind that uniform and badge." Corey pulled her behind him.

"One more word out of you and you'll be put in a cell too!" She sucked her teeth and I tapped her shoulder.

"I know man just chill , you know they getting wild these days." She still had her eyes on him but looked at me and nodded. We all sat down in the chair they had set up and waited.

_____

"Y'all can see him now ." A different officer said snapping us out of . We all walked to through the cells and found him sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

"D ." His Head snapped up at my voice and he walked over to the bars.

"What you in here for bro?" Corey asked.

"It all happened so fast man, all I know I was hanging with Smoke and em and next thing I know 12 surrounded us. They say we all on charged with murder." My heart went to my feet.

"Smoke and his boys nothing but trouble bro I told you bout them-"

"I know man shit I remember! But I didn't kill nobody but them niggas said I was there typa shit is dat?!" He leaned on the bars. I put my hand on his . I wanted to yell at him and scold him but looking at him I couldn't. I just wanted him in my arms.

"I'm sorry baybeh I know you told me to stay out of trouble and this shit blew me back." He said looking into my eyes.

"All that matters is that we get you out of here . We can talk about all that later down the road." I spoke fighting back tears. He reached his hand through and wiped my tears that were slipping out.

"Did they say when you gonna have your trial ?" I heard Maya say behind me.

"They say two weeks." He mumbled but we all heard him.

"This is some bullshit dawg ."

"They been talking shit ever since I been in hea' I can't slip up but they trying me." His eyes never left me.

"Yeah they been talking crazy since we stepped in dis shit ." Corey said running a hand down his face .

"The lawyer that came through hea said if I confess they'll lighten up my sentence ."

"Confess what?! Only thing you wrong about is being at the wrong place at the wrong time!" Rose said shaking her head. I nodded in agreement.

"Man you think they wanna hea' that coming out of my mouth? I already got three guys saying I was dere." This whole situation was pissing me off. Not only is he locked up for no reason but they want him to confess like he committed the murder.

"I'm not confessing to shit cuz Ian do shit ." The more he talked the more of his accent came out.

"Then we fight ." I said and he smiled at me.

"Hell yeah we fighting." Corey added in.

"Shit y'all know I love to fight." Maya said shrugging and laughing and Rose gave her a high five.

"You we in this shit together."

"Tell Ray if he not in them we got a issue ." Maya said making us laugh. She was right though.

"Believe me he will be . I'ma get Chres in this too , we on strike !"

"Ya heart in the right place sweetheart." Maya said patting her back.

"Thanks for being here for me y'all. God gon bless the real ." D said nodding at us.

"Bruh ain't no need to thank us, we gon stay in your corner ." Corey said dapping him up.

"Alright times up." The cop from earlier said walking in holding a stick for what reason I don't know. We all sighed .

"Alright D we gon see you ." Corey said grabbing Maya's hand .

"We got this bro ." She said holding up a fist with a smile. Rose looked his way.

"Remember the strike ." She whispered and he nodded laughing a little. I looked at him.

"You take care of yourself now D, if you don't I'll hurt you myself." He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Yes ma'am. I love you Typh ."

"I love you too Dillyn." I said smiling weakly. I slid my hand down to my side and sighed and walked away not before looking at him again and he waved and I gave him a small smile. I walked outside to Maya who was talking to Corey .

"You got the keys?" She nodded and hands me the keys.

"I'm gonna head home , take care of her ." Corey said before planting a kiss on Maya's lips. I really like them together.

"I will ." She turned to me as we walked to Rose car. I hand Rose her keys and we all got in and I heard vibration on the floor of my seat. I look and seen it was my phone screen down but it was vibrating like crazy . I picked it up thinking someone was calling me , but I seen it was an alarm with words across the screen that said "Baby or Nah?" . Oh shit the pregnancy test. I hit dismiss and put my phone down. Don't know why but I was so nervous, part of me wants it to be negative but another wants it to be positive. I want a baby but with the situation at hand it's definitely not the right time. But whatever it says I'm ready for it .

____

We pulled up to the house and I got out my keys to unlock the door . I walk up the stairs and my feet felt heavier with each step. I walked into my room taking a deep breath before walking into my bathroom. The test sat on the counter where I left it. I walk up to it and picked it up reading the results.

Pregnant...

_______
😭. It's such a bittersweet moment. But I'll try to post another chapter by the end of the day .