Twenty Seven

Chres.
I stared up at the door for what seems like forever. No matter how much I needed to move I didn't. Her words stuck to me like glue.

"I can't.."

So what does this mean now? What's gonna happen to us? My thoughts were stopped by Typh patting my shoulder. I looked at her and she gave me a small smile.

"As much as I want to strangle you two I'm glad you got it off your chest . " I nodded quickly wiping the tears I refused to let her see. Letting what just happen sink in I smiled a little.

"So all this time.." Typh looked at me confused.

"What?"

"She still loved me after all this time ?" She stayed silent.

"I guess so.."

"Did you know?" She shrugged.

"I've thought about the possibility but it never came out of her mouth." I sighed looking at my feet. What she said basically changes everything and the feeling is overwhelming.

"I'll talk to her , you go home and rest Santo. " I looked up at the closed door and felt my heart tugging. I knew she was up there crying and I didn't want to leave her like that.

"I know I know but she needs a moment to get herself together and you can see her tomorrow or something." She said as if she read my mind. We walked to the door and before I grabbed the knob I turned to look at her.

"Thank you." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"For what?"

"For telling me to speak up." She nodded and we hugged. Not too much on her baby bump and pulled away.

"Can you text me and let me know how she's doing?" She smiled and patted my shoulder.

"I will I promise." I nodded opening the door and walking to my car. I got in and closed the door taking a deep breath. My eyes went up to the window of Typh's room where I knew Maya was .

"I'm sorry .." I said like she could hear me. I started the car and backed out and got in the road heading back to my house.

_______
Maya .
I watched Chres car pull out of Typh's driveway. I sighed wiping tears that wouldn't stop coming. I had to walk away, I couldn't look him in the eyes and lie and say I didn't feel the same way. Somehow I convinced myself that I didn't have those type of feelings anymore but how we recently started hanging out they slowly started to surface. Then hearing him admitting what I wanted him to admit to me all this time it was like my heart started speaking for me. I can't help but get mad at myself. Corey doesn't deserve this and I don't deserve him. My motives when we first started dating was to get my mind off Chres . But after the first date those motives changed. I actually liked him and he made me feel like I was a princess. Then down the line I actually fell in love with him. I never actually told him until tonight in the car.

"I just want to show you my appreciation.."

"How so?" He reaches over in the glove compartment and pulls out a red velvet box. Anyone with a brain knows what that means. But I had to ask to be sure.

"Corey what is this?" He smiled and opened the box revealing a beautiful ring.

"My appreciation." My eyes watered and I covered my mouth with my hand.