Twenty Nine.

Maya.
As we made it home I sped walked to the bathroom and closed the door and locking it. I slid down the wall and sighed. The girls were yelling my name and knocking on the door.

"Girl what happened? You've been quiet all the way home.." I heard Rose say outside the door. My phone started ringing and the familiar ringtone made me look at the phone. "❤️🔐" went across my screen as he was trying to FaceTime. I declined. He did it again and I did the same thing. I heard Typh phone ring right after. She answered because I heard his voice on speaker.

"Where ya sis at? She sending me to voicemail and she know I hate that ." I rolled my eyes.

"She locked herself in the bathroom! Ya ex bitch said something to her at the mall and she been like this ever since." I heard Typh snap at him and he got quiet for a second.

"I'm on my way." It went silent again.

"Did this nigga hang up on me?! Rose tell me he lost signal just tell me he did ."

"He lost signal Typh calm down , we don't need you going into labor ." Rose said trying to make her calm down. Feeling hot I got up running the water in the sink and rinsing my face tryna cool off. I took off my jacket and took a deep breath.

___

"She still ain't come out?" I heard his voice outside the door. I used to love to hear his voice but I'm not feeling the love at this moment. I sighed when I heard his footsteps come to the door followed by his banging on the door.

"Maya? Baby open the door ..." I huffed feeling the anger rise up again and got up and stood in front of the door.

"I think it's safer if I stayed on this side of the door ."

"I'm not gonna hurt you -"

"It's not for my safety it's for yours." There was silence then I heard Rose .

"What did you do Corey?" He sighed but didn't say anything . He knocked on the door again.

"Let me in so we can talk..." I thought about it. Then my hand reached the knob to unlock and then open it. He stood there with an unreadable expression. I let him in and let the lid down on the toilet and sat down . He turned around and closed the door. He came over and kneeled in front of me.

"What she say to you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You know what she said, I wanna know if it's true ." He sighed trying to grab my hand and I pulled away.

"Is it true?" He looked at me .

"To be honest I don't know , she literally called me yesterday claiming it was mine.."

"Is it yours?"

"I wasn't the only dude she slept with so I'm not so sure ." I folded my arms.

"I see." He sighed. I mean yeah it was before we were together but I can't help but feel the way I feel. He sat there looking at me trying to read me.

"Say something.." he said with pleading eyes . I bit my cheek before responding.

"I don't want to be mad , I shouldn't be but I am ." I said standing up and he stood up with me.

"You have a right to be .." I looked away from his gaze and folded my arms. I could still feel his eyes on me .

"I never wanted to hurt you .." He mumbled and I couldn't help but feel that slight pain in my chest.

"If it's yours you gotta handle your business and take on the responsibility, and know I wouldn't get in the way of that ." He nodded.

"And you know that if it came down to I don't want you to have to choose-"