Twelve.

Chresanto.
I haven't seen my best friend since I don't know when. The more time I spend away from her the more I miss her. But I been seeing this girl Desiree, we not dating she's just someone I chill with and on some occasions...kiss but ANYWAY. I notice on Instagram and allat Maya been kickin it wit dat nigga Corey. I already know where I stand with her so I'm not mad but that doesn't mean I have to like him. Corey and I had our run ins and I'll just keep it at that. But it's Monday and I'm on my way to school. Desiree goes to a different school so I didn't worry about picking her up and plus she has her own car. I pull up in the parking lot , got my binder and my Fiji water and got out then locking the car. I walked in and walked to my locker, I noticed a figure a few feet away from me opening their locker and humming to themselves. I recognized the voice and realized that was my best friend. I took the moment to look at her and she got in poetic justice braids and had on a forest green floral blouse , white ripped jeans and forest green puma slides. She looked good...too good.

"Like what you see?" I snapped out of it and seen she was looking at me with one eyebrow raised and a hand on her hip. I shrugged and closed my locker.

"I might but you look good " she smiled a little.

"Thanks you too " and she turned to walk away before I spoke up.

"Aye" she stopped and turned around. Damn she really looked good .

"I miss you best friend " she poked her bottom lip out and opened her arms and I hugged her.

"I missed you too feo, you don't call me no more ." I pulled away and looked at her .

"Calling works both ways." She rolled her eyes. I would've said something bout that but the way she did it was cute.

"I always call you first. And plus I see you been busy " I made a face and shook my head.

"I'm never too busy for you ." She tilts her head and smiles. But she backed up a little from my embrace and looked behind her.

"I gotta meet Rose so I'll see you later , hopefully " We both laughed . I kissed her forehead.

"Text me ...FOREAL THIS TIME!" I yelled when she walked away then she turned and gave me a thumbs up and then continued walking. That girl better text me.

___

I walked out my third period as the bell rung and met up with Ray . He was looking on his phone for something. Then I cleared my throat and he looked up at me nodding taking his attention away from his phone to dap me up.

"Wassup man " I said leaning on the wall next to him.

"What's hatnin playa " I shrugged.

"Chillin , aye Chris still having that party after the game Friday?"

"Prolly, he didn't really confirm it he just said he was thinking about it ." I nodded and looked around the halls at the faces . Then Ray and I walked into the cafeteria and sat at our table. I began looking around at the faces but really wanting to see one in particular , but she didn't come in yet.

"They went to get lunch ." I looked at Ray .

"What?" He made a face. Then repeated himself.

"The girls went to get food , they should be on their way back ."

"How'd you-" he cut me off.