Eight.

Chres.
I zone out from Ray yapping on the phone and get on my phone. I went to snap and seen that Maya posted a video. I click on it and it's her and Rose laughing and singing a long to the radio as Rose was driving .

" Hit it from the back watch a nigga bless you !" They yelled at the same time. I felt my smile grow a little .

"You dumbbbb " Maya whined as Rose was yelling at a dude that cut her off. The video ended and I seen that someone snap me . It was from some girl I think.

" You just 😍😍😍" it better be a girl . I just looked at it and didn't reply . I was gonna reply later I think. I took a picture of my shoes and captioned it " on our way to the movies 🎥 ✨" I exited out of Snap and went to twitter. Scrolling through my timeline laughing at videos I didn't notice that we pulled to the mall til Ray got out the car. I got out to and he locked I right after and we caught up with the girls who were waiting at the entrance doors. They were laughing about something til we walked up .

"What's so funny?" Ray asked. They both giggled and Rose spoke up .

"Deez nuts nigga " they both bust out laughing and went inside and we followed. In my head I'm like damn maybe I'm tripping over nothing and should go to apologize and the other side of me is saying eh she'll be aight. Maybe I was in a daze because I didn't even notice Corey and his crew were walking in our direction. He went up to my best friend and hugged her . She was giggling and shit knowing I was standing a few feet away from her. I shook my head and turned the other way and got on my phone.

Maya .
I was just talking to Rose on some deep shit and I seen Corey adorable ass walking up with a few of his friends. I may not want to be in a relationship with him but flirting is harmless. And he's not hard to look at either. I don't know the dude been at me since forever so why not ?

"Wassup gorgeous " he smiled showing his bottom grill. He hugged me right before I could speak and I couldn't help but blush.

"Hey Corey you following me now?"

"Naw baby girl we was already coming to cop some shoes , what a coincidence tho "

I nodded and I looked at Chres who had his back towards me probably on his phone. If he want to have a attitude so can I . I rolled my eyes and put my focus back on Corey who was staring at me with a smirk .

"Trouble in paradise?"

"Naw I'm good just thought about something " I shrugged. I wasn't about to tell him what my best friend and I are going through. That's not his business. We'll bounce back like we always do so we good.

"Hmm aight , but lemme ask you something " oh lord.

"Wassup?" He licked his lips and rubbed his chin.

"Why you don't wanna give us a try?" I laughed and looked at him crazy.

"Cuz I know exactly how you rolling Corey and I'll fuck you up " he laughed but then he realized I was serious so he stopped.

"Naw love I wouldn't do you like that, you wifey material. Those other girls only wanted me for sex and money , you different you the type to hold me down and that's what I'm looking for." That caught me by surprise but I wasn't fully convinced.

"Then you gotta know I don't fall in love with words I fall in love with actions, you gotta prove it to me in all honesty " he nodded taking in what I said and smiled showing his dimples. He got closer to my face like he was about to kiss me and I caught myself. 

"Challenge accepted, see you around gorgeous " he swiftly kissed my cheek and walked away. I felt my face getting hot then I looked at Rose and Ray who were smirking and probably watching this whole time. I was calm on the outside but inside I was flustered as fuck. That kid smooth at silk I tell ya. But this won't be easy for him I can say that. I walked to them and Rose already cheesing.

"Nigga y'all cuteee " I rolled my eyes and looked away . I felt a pair of eyes on me and I looked directly at the culprit himself who had an unreadable expression on his face . I don't know if he saw all that or not but part of me didn't care, he was still being moody so I'm responding accordingly. I looked away and got on my phone.

"Awkward " I heard Ray mumble . I shrugged and walked to PINK. I was looking at hoodies and sweatpants I seen Rose walk in a few seconds after me.

"He heard it ." Was all she said but I knew she was talking about Chres . I kinda knew he did anyway but I don't know I haven't really collected my thoughts after what just happened.

"I figured. So now he really won't talk to me now "

"In all honesty you didn't really do anything but the kiss on the cheek was the icing on the cake for him" I looked at her confused.

"What you mean ?" She picked up a pair of sweat but kept talking.

" You'll see what I mean when we leave here " I shrugged and grabbed a lime green hoodie .

"Okay i guess " we continued shopping around til then Ray called me .

"Aye y'all wanna eat here?" I put him on speaker so Rose could hear.

"I'm cool with that Rose you wanna just eat here?" She nodded .

"She cool with it too." I heard talking in the background before he responded.

"Aight y'all still in PINK? "

"We in Footlocker now"

"We just past that aight we about to turn around " I hung up without without even saying anything . Man I gotta stop doing that but oh well. They walked in and Ray mean mugged the hell out of me .

"Wow I said I love you and everything and you hung up " I gasped and hugged him.

"I'm sorry brother I love you too man " he sucked his teeth and hugged me back.

"Aight midget I'll let it go but ian forgetting it " I smiled and Rose laughed and he gave her a hug but he didn't let go. I swear they goals . Chres looked my way and smirked opening his arms . I looked around making sure he looking at me.

"Yeah you commere " I hesitantly walked up to him but gave him a hug. Axe cologne sneaked into my nose and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know what you did with my best friend but I like you better " he laughed .

"I'm sorry for being an asshole " I shrugged almost forgetting we were in a store.

"It's okay , I forgive you " he hugged me tighter.

"Can't stay mad at you especially if it's not your fault." He let me go unfortunately and I looked at him. He wiggles his eyebrows making him look weird so I laughed and he kissed my forehead.

"Y'all done or we gotta wait some more?" I cut my eyes and Ray who was tapping his foot playfully but had a grin on his face.

"Yeah Ray we done " Chres said chuckling and I'm already missing his embrace.

I need help .

👋🏾😏 Another chapter coming lol.