Finale pt. 2

Corey.
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and wiped my tears. I leaned up and grabbed her hand , it felt so cold but still soft . Her skin wasn't glowing like it was earlier, her hair was in a messy yet neat bun thanks to Typh. Yet she was still was the most beautiful girl in the world to me. She been in here for almost a week and we have little progress. The doctor let us know that she can hear us and maybe that we should keep talking to her and maybe that can speed up the recovery. I know she's a fighter so I know she can make it through this .

But I can't help but feel that darkness creeping up on me. My mind is telling me to find the person who did this , to avenge this beauty that did no wrong. And yet my heart won't let me leave her side. Ray went to go get us food and Typh went to the bathroom. Rose is outside on the phone with her mom and Chres just stepped out to call his.

"You stress me out you know that ?" I said to her and chuckled bitterly. I can just imagine her saying some shit back "If you stressed about me that means you care love ."

"The doctors are figuring out how much of a fighter you are baby , I know you not giving up so I'm not giving up on you .." I paused to swallow the lump in my throat. I never cried so much as I have all week. I barely did but it's like a every day thing now. When I get my moment alone with her it's like I'm reminded of what happened every time. I kissed her hand twice and held it to my heart.

"I promise." I tried to let go but it was like she gripped my hand. I pressed the call button with my other hand and the nurse came in quick asf.

"She's squeezing my hand ." I said never taking m eyes off of her. Her eyes widened.

"Any other movements?" I shook my head.

"Okay. I'll let the doctor know ." She patted my shoulder and left out. Ms. Ava walked in a little after her .

Ava is Maya's mom . Idk if I had gave her a name but Ava is gonna be her name .

"The nurse just told me what happened. Lemme see baby." I lifted my hand and showed her the grip she had on my hand. She smiled .

"I knew you were fighting. You got my blood running through your veins ." She said leaning over to kiss her forehead.

"You need to rest , you never left this spot since she was admitted."

"I don't wanna miss her opening her eyes . I wanna be one of the first faces that she looks at." She chuckled sitting on the other side of the bed.

"I'm glad she met someone like you. Just don't hurt my baby yeah?" It seemed like a question but I quickly read between the lines. It was a moment of understanding, like "you hurt her we gon have a problem." And I don't want any type of problems with her. So I nodded .

"Yes ma'am." The other walked in as if it was on cue . Typh sat at the foot of the bed and mugged Maya.

"You would start moving when I go pee ." Rose agreed.

"She does stuff on her time I don't why I'm not used to this by now ." And for a moment I chuckled genuinely. Ray intervened.

"Annnddd she do it for this guy ? I thought we was family sis ." I knew they were just tryna bring more light to the moment by cracking jokes but I just silently smiled and listened. Chres said nothing but looked out the window. After awhile everyone went to sleep , I refused to do so I laid my head down on the bed and just watched her . She would probably throw a fit because I was staring but I don't even care. I don't want to miss anything. And all night she still didn't let go of my hand.

"I'm not gonna leave you mama ." I kissed her hand again and gently rubbed the top of her hand with my thumb.

______
The next day ...
Chresanto.
I sat down next to her bed and sighed. This was the first time that I had a moment alone time with her. Her mom went to talk to the doctor, Ray convinced Corey to come with him to get everybody food . Typh was feeling woozy so Rose helped her to the bathroom.