Twenty Four

"So y'all really gonna walk around that girl place and not talk.?" Chres asked me as I ate a fry and sipped on my drink. Since me and him kinda cool I let him in on the things that happened with me and Typh.

"Nothing to talk about until I get an apology." That was something I'm gonna stick by. She didn't have throw that in my face, I was just tryna stop her from making a decision I knew she was gonna regret. But it's fine I guess. I ate a chicken tender when he sucked his teeth. Sorry not sorry I just don't think I'm wrong, why should I be the bigger person when it wasn't my fault we in this position? I still love her though.

"Are y'all ever gonna discuss this?"

"On our own terms."

"Girl that could take years ." I shook my head.

"I'm mad but Ian that mad. I just felt like she need a minute to breathe. I know how she is when she going through stuff. I just didn't expect her to say something like that." I shook my head remembering the words that came out of her mouth .

"But anyways how's you and your life?" I said changing the subject. He chuckled drinking his drink looking at me.

"Can't complain. I don't think I wanna play football anymore.." I furrowed my eyebrows and made sure I was hearing him right.

"I'm sorry but who are you?"

"Nah I don't know I don't have the same inspiration like I did..."

"When you lost your inspiration?" He sighed picking at his food.

"Awhile back.." he mumbled.

"Listen you one of the best football players that I know Santo , if you lost your inspiration find another ." He immediately shook his head.

"Nothing can top what I had." I huffed.

"Well do what you can to get it back because you quitting isn't an option." He looked at me and smirked.

"I'm working on it ." I nodded eating my fries . My phone started vibrating with messages from Rose.

Rosebud 🌹-wya?

Rosebud 🌹- you coming to Typh house wit me?

Rosebud 🌹- and actually talk to her?

It was lowkey annoying how everyone wants us to talk . Honestly we have had arguments before and we've settled them on our own time. Tryna force it is gonna make the process longer.

Man you know how it is with us, we'll talk when we ready. That's if you need me to.

I pressed send eating another chicken tender feeling Chres eyes on me and I rolled my eyes.

"Y'all blowing me right now ."

"Because we want you to talk to her." I scrunched up my face.

"Ion feel like being the bigger person so that's a dub ." I got my stuff and began walking to the car. He caught up with me unlocking it and getting in as I did.

"You're so stubborn." I shrugged. Not even in the mood to talk about it anymore.

"Take me to her house." He nodded pulling out of the parking lot and leaving out.

"Maybe I could talk to her , we may not have been in the exact situation but I can relate to the jail part."

"I mean that's completely up to you ." I said looking out the window. My phone vibrated again is it's a message from Rose.