Nineteen.

Maya.
I'm riding with Chres over to his house because his mom wanted to see me. I was excited to see her even though I've seen her I don't know how many times. Hopefully she's in a good spirit especially after seeing that Cortez is out of rehab. Cortez is Chres's older brother, he was a good guy he graduated in honors and planned to go to the army he left for basic training and came back acting...odd. Found out he's been on drugs and it's been downhill with him ever since. I see the demeanor in Chres is different, he's a lot more jittery than usual. Maybe because he's scared that Cortez might pop up on them again. Who knows. He never tells me that stuff his mom does.

"She's been talking about how she misses her other child ." I laughed at his statement.

"I missed mama too. It's been a minute." We pulled up to the house and got up walking to the front door where he opened and closed it behind me.

"Ma?! Where are you?! " he yelled.

"Kitchen! What you want boy?! " he sucked his teeth and I laughed and he spoke again.

"Come here I have a surprise!" I hear her mumbling and walking to the door and I laughed. She saw me and her eyes widened.

"My babbyyyy you didn't tell me one of my favorite girls was here !" She hugged me and we both laughed .

"See you were about to cuss him out ma ." She shrugged.

"He would've deserved it. Besides I thought he was fussing about the one heffa Danielle-" he cut her off.

"Desiree momma " she glared at him.

"Desiree gon get you slapped don't cut me off." He got quiet and she looked at me smiling again.

"How you been babygirl haven't seen you in awhile was it because of my son?" I didn't wanna get Chres in trouble but I couldn't lie to her.

"Half and Half there's stuff going on for the both of us so we just haven't been communicating." We went to the living room and sat in the couch .

"Well shoo boy I gotta catch up with my other child." I laughed as Chres walked away but I could see the smile on his face.

"So what's new boo?"

"Well I have a boyfriend now ." She looked surprised.

"Who is it?" I smiled thinking of him.

"Corey. Corey Williams . You know his mom Ms. Linda ?" She made a thinking face .

"Ouuuu he's a nice young man handsome too." I groaned.

"Don't be crushing on my boyfriend ma ." She laughed and lightly hit my shoulder.

"No lovely I'm just saying he's not hard on the eyes . " I made a face and she laughed.

"I can't give a compliment?"

"Whateva you say ma ."

"But you let me know if he on foolishness and I'll straighten him out ." Chres popped out the cut.

"We both will." I rolled my eyes. Ma spoke up .

"I knew your nosey ass was ease dropping, you you're mother's child." I laughed.

"I was just passing through."

"Upstairs Chresanto." He jogged upstairs and I couldn't stop laughing.

_______

"So I was talking to D and he thinks we should have you in the studio too." Corey told me when we were sitting in the car. I looked at him crazy.