Twenty Three

Maya

"You don't think this whole situation fishy?" Rose asked pouring some juice.

"You already know it is. I wouldn't be surprised those niggas set him up ." I said shaking my head. Dillyn is like a brother to me and to see him going through what he going through it really hurts me. Yeah he ain't a saint but who is? And Typh having to deal with it too bothers me even more. I got the vibe that she wanted to be alone so I left her be for a minute. But just for a little while not forever. Speaking of Typh she came down the stairs with her hands in her jacket pockets with red eyes. I automatically knew besides the D situation that something was wrong.

"What is it?" I turned and looked at her and she sighed with a smile. She held up a stick and I realized it was the pregnancy test. I completely forgot about that.

"Pregnant." She said and I put my hand on my chest and almost fell to the fucking floor.

"Girl you lyinggg ." Rose said putting her hand over her mouth and Typh laughed.

"No see for yourself." I took the test and sure enough is said 'pregnant ' I squealed and hugged her making her laugh.

"Ohmagawd bitccchhhh ! " I pulled away and she looked sad and I frowned.

"The first person I wanted to share it with ain't here.." She looked like she wanted to cry but she didn't. Typh has mastered the art of staying strong for everyone else but doesn't really like when someone is strong for her. In her words she would feel weak. And I can't really blame her because I'm the same way. But I gotta let her know that's she's not in this alone and she's not the only one hurt. If anything I can do that for her, all the stuff she has done for me in the past I owe it to her.

"He's gonna get out of this and y'all can take care of this jit together ." I said as she looked down.

"I don't even know if I wanna keep the baby .." I had to catch myself.

"Hell you mean by that?"

"What's the point of having the baby if the person I love might have a possibility of missing out on that child's life! I don't wanna put him through that! "

"Typh just calm down mama ." Rose said putting her hands up in defense.

"Yeah you don't even know how he feels because he doesn't know. Everyone with eyes can see he loves children and that's not fair to you to make that decision for him whether he wants the baby or not." I said folding my eyebrows. She took a deep breath and chuckled.

"It's funny how you tryna tell me what's right for MY body. I think I know what I'm talking about ." She said rolling her eyes and waving me off. Hold up wait , wait a damn minute.

"Bro what?! You didn't make that baby by yourself so you shouldn't make that type of decision by yourself! I don't give two fucks if it's YOUR body it's his baby too !" I had no idea who I was talking to right now but it wasn't my sister. I know she was speaking of emotions but she was talking crazy as fuck . D has every right to know about his baby , she can throw a tantrum or whatever I don't care .

"Listen I think I know D better than the people in this room so I know what I'm saying when I say he's not ready." I sucked my teeth.

"I may not have known him for a long as you do but what I've learned from him is that sometimes he can surprise all of us, maybe the baby makes him gets his act together for good. But we will never know that if you make the decision for him."

"Of course the girl with daddy issues wanna say that ." I cocked my head back .

"Ah Typh.." Rose mumbled.

Brown Sugarजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें