Chp-10

Today I decided to visit the designer with Zayn for my wedding outfit. I was informed that Aliza will be wearing the dress of our choice on her big day.

I asked Aliza and Aiza to accompany us.

We went to "Queens" ,the biggest showroom for bridal wear in the city.
"So Aliza!!You wanna wear a gown or Indian lehenga??"I questioned.

"Umm. Gown!! No no lehenga!!"she looked confused.

"Ohh!!yea you have one more option!! You can wear that Bengali lehenga, studded with ugly red beads and that goddy golden golden beads!!You want that baby!!"I joked. Her face turned red.

"You only wear that! I want a lehenga."she frowned.

"So colour??"

"Umm.....purple?No that I wore on my engagement. Red???"her eyes lit. Then don't know what happened she frowned."No!not red is quite traditional!Something unique."

"White??"I suggested.

"I m not shopping it for a funeral??"
She scowled.

"Orange??"

"No plzz!"

"Pink??"

"Eww! I hate pink!!"

"Black?"

"Zohair!!!"she gave me a muderous glare!!

"Gosh!!You both decide the colour meanwhile Aiza you select your outfit!! And i will go and find something for myself!"Zayn interrupted.

"Fine!!" I said.

"Sir you have a look on our top designs you will automatically conclude to the colour!"The shopkeeper gave us the solution.

"I think he is right!"Aliza said.

He showed hundreds of pieces to us from which we selected five best ones.
The emerald green one ;
The raspberry pink one ;
The combo of purple and green one;
The pomegranate red one and
The royal blue one.
All of them were heavily studded with diamonds.
But now the chaos was to select the best one from it!!

"Emerald green one!!"Aliza pointed.

"No!Royal blue!!"

"Naaa!Ok so Pomegranate red!!!"

"No!raspberry pink !!"

"Emerald green"

"Rasberry pink"

"Emerald green"

"Rasberry pink!"

"Zohair! !!!!"

'Alizaaa!!"

"Emerald green or I hate you!!!"

"Rasberry pink!!"

'I hate you!!!"

"But I love you!!!"

"Whatever!!"

"So raspberry pink right??"

"Emerald green!!"she gave me a murderous glare.
"Rasberry pink!"

"Emerald green!!"

Our fight started!!!
"Umm..ma'am raspberry pink is also good!"shopkeeper interrupted to calm us down.

"You shut up!!I want emerald green!!"Aliza growled at him.

"Sir!!emerald green is one of our master piece !!"shopkeeper interrupted again.

"I said rasberry pink!!!" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Ummm...wait I have one more outfit I am sure you both will like it!"shopkeeper informed.
He took a lehenga and my eyes widened it was beautiful. I looked at Aliza.Her eyes widened with in awe as though she had just seen a two-headed unicorn next to a pot of gold.
I want this one.She smiled.

It was a stunning pink colour lehenga with a tinge of purple,blue,silver and golden. It was heavily studded with diamonds and beads of blue and silver-golden colour. It was a fish-cut lehenga and has a jacket too.Wow!! It was amazing.

'Final???"I asked .

"You liked it??"

"Yaaa!!!"

We bought that amazing lehenga and I bought my amazing white colour Sherwani after 1 hour discussion.

I then dropped her home and went with mom to buy jewellery .......

-------------------------------------------------''''--'-----

Next day!-

Aliza's P.O.V-

Today is my mehendi(henna) ceremony and inshallah tomorrow is my Nikaah!I m lucky to have Zohair in my life!! First I thought he was an arrogant,egoistic and selfish guy who just depends on his father's money. But I was wrong. He promised me that in a month he will dig the roots of his own empire!!! I m soo happy.
"Thank you soo much Allah!!!"

"Hey !!Aliza you are still in your nightpants. Quickly change the ladies have arrived!!" Feria pulled me out of my thoughts.
I quickly put on my yellowish dress and went downsrairs.
Mehendi (henna) ceremony is a basically  bridal shower,but its more a lot of colours! Henna is needed for every wedding celebration. While the Indian bride has a very elaborate pattern done on her hands and feet..

The hallway was filled with noise and colour,with women dressed in bright formal shalwaar kameez (traditional Pakistani dress ) outfits and sarees and unmarried girls in long anaarkalis(long dress). .It was a prestigious function after all it was a millionnaire's son's wedding.
Our house was beautifully decorated with flowers,lanterns and chandeliers. As I leaned down the stairways Feria and my other cousins dressed beautifully came near me and took me to the sofa where henna appliers were preparing henna cones. As per the ritual the henna packets were brought by my mother-in-law.
"So dear which style will you like to cover hands??"Henna applier asked.

"Umm... I will introduce you the styles and you select one ok?" other one said.

"Hmm"

" Indian Mehendi Designs are a complex pattern of peacocks, flowers, with unique curls and curves. It resembles batik design.

Arabic Mehendi Designs are dense, and have more decorative outlines. These have thick outlines of leaves, flowers and vines.

Pakistani Mehendi Designs are a combination of Indian and Arabic designs in the right balance of geometric, flowers and paisley designs.

Moroccan Mehndi Designs are more geometric in nature

Glitter Mehendi is accentuated with sparkles it is one of the latest trends in the application of mehendi. A trend favoured by the fashion forward.

Mughlai Mehndi is the oldest and most traditional form of Mehendi. It is very neat, and detailed where every single curl and dot is accentuated boldly."she explained!!