Chapter 1

[Flamefur's POV]

I woke up as Metalclaw walked in. I looked to him then looked to the kits. I was still really tired from them. They were all so beautiful and handsome though.

"How are you doing?" He asked me before heading behind me and laying down. I smiled and turned my head to him a little so I didn't disturb the kits.

"I'm just tired really. Kinda hungry too." I said and nudged him a little wanting to get him to get me a rabbit. He chuckled.

"I just laid down though! I don't want to get back up!" He complained and licked my ear. I nudged him again.

"Fine! I'll just starve then." I said and turned back to the kits hoping it would work. I saw Tinykit starting to wake up. She let out a feeble mew and turned her head around. I was really glad she didn't wake up her siblings. She did wake up another kit though. She woke up Aquakit, Cheetahpelt and Shinyfall's son. He opened his brown eyes and stared over to us.

"Fine, want a rabbit?" Metalclaw asked getting up slowly. I nodded and looked to Aquakit as he got up slowly. Tinykit still hadn't opened her eyes, been able to walk, or talk. She could only let out a small meow that made no sense. All of her siblings had started to be able to walk and open their eyes. I guess since she was the runt she was going to be late to do stuff.

"You want food?" Aquakit asked her quietly as he got next to her. He had been helping her a lot and he seemed to understand what she said most of the time. He had also been helping his own sister, Creamkit, who had turned out to be blind. I was starting to worry Tinykit was going to be blind too.

Tinykit let out a weak meow and Aquakit nodded. He grabbed her scruff and pulled her closer to me. I smiled as I watched both of them. He was very helpful to me too. She started to suckle just as Metalclaw came back. He walked back to behind me and placed the rabbit in front of me.

"Thanks!" I purred to him and started to eat. I saw Aquakit curl back up by Tinykit and close his eyes. He should of gone back to Shinyfall but I didn't mind at all. Shinyfall and I were so close she would understand when I told her he was just helping Tinykit. I took another bite of my rabbit and chewed it slowly.

"Not much longer and Bluesnow's kits will be apprentices. Then this place will be a lot smaller." Metalcaw sighed. I had forgotten we were still in the apprentice den. Firepaw and Midnightpaw had been in the nursery since we needed more room. Once Bluesnow's kits were apprentices we would have to go back to the nursery. Then Metalclaw, Branchtail, or Cheetahpelt wouldn't be able to come in here without squishing a kit. It would be about another two moons before Featherfall's kits would be apprentices still. At least they were growing and didn't need to spend all their time in the nursery anymore. If they did we would never have enough room.

"We just have to hope for the best." I told him softly as I took another bite. I saw him nod a little before laying his head back down. I wasn't sure what to say next. I wanted to reassure him that he would still be able to see the kits but I knew I couldn't say that. He would probably squish one as he tried to get into the nursery.

-----------------

I hope you like it! Ask me whatever about the book and I will always answer. I must get writing to the next chapter now. I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!