Chapter 8

[Cheetahpelt's POV]

I ran as quick as I could back to camp. Once I saw that one fox stopped chasing me, I jumped back to the ground. I was much quicker on the ground. I didn't have to jump as much on the dirt compared to the branches. I kept running back to camp. Metalclaw needed help against those foxes. Even if he could fight amazingly he wasn't that strong to defeat four foxes on his own. I closed my eyes for a second just believing in him. He had to be alright till I could get back. I quickly ran into the camp and looked around for Nightmoon or Spokenstar.

"There are foxes! We need help!" I yowled into the camp. Tigerstripe ran out of the apprentice den along with Bluesnow and Flamefur by his side. I looked around. Was there no other warriors in the camp? Did Spokenstar and Nightmoon really send them all out?

"I can't leave the camp defenseless!" Tigerstripe said. I sighed. I knew if he left it would just be the queens, their kits, and the elders. I couldn't let that happen. Anyone could attack or the foxes could find their way here.

"I'll stay back. Flamefur, are you in any condition to fight if you have to?" I asked her hoping she was. Her kits might still be young but I believed that she could fight. Tigerstripe had to help Metalclaw. He was the third best fighter. Flamefur couldn't fight right now. She was to weak.

"Yea, I can fight. You get Tigerstripe to Metalclaw and hurry back. If anything comes I'll protect these mousebrains." She laughed a little. I nodded and looked to Tigerstripe.

"You ready to run quick?" I asked my brother. He nodded and I broke off into a run out of the camp. He followed me quickly trying to keep up. I knew he couldn't completely keep up with me. I just needed him to keep me in his sight.

I kept running till I could finally see the red run of the foxes. The only thing that confused me was that there were two cats that looked just like Metalclaw. No way was Shiningdeath helping him. I thought he had been locked in the Dark Forest for helping us the last time. Could he really get out on his own?

"I have to go back now. Help them both. Try not to die." I joked to him. Tigerstripe nodded and ran toward the three remaining foxes. I bolted back to camp running as fast as I could. I didn't see a dead fox body so I was suspecting that it was making it way back to camp. I couldn't let it touch my kits or any of my family.

My paws pounded into the solid dirt. I felt like my paws barely even touched the ground. That's how fast I was running. I made it back to the camp easily. Thankful the fox wasn't there yet. I saw Flamefur circling around the camp with Bluesnow. Both of them are going different directions so they could see anything. I nodded to them and went to check on Featherfall and Shinyfall. They both were fine. The kits where in the back of the den staying away from the front. The youngest were in the back and Bluesnow's five kits where in the front.

--------------

Whoops, yea, maybe a fox in the camp. 😂😂 I promise I have a good plot twist. Yeah, it's only happening because I forgot one mainish characters just in the clan. He will be in the next chapter. Well I hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment! The picture was made by Spokenwrites and I love it so much! Thanks again for it!