Chapter 11

[Summerkit's POV]

I slowly came out of the den. Spokenstar and Nightmoon had just called a meeting to discuss what to do with Nugget the fox. I thought he was pretty nice. He hadn't attacked us so we had nothing to blame on him except him being a fox. I thought he could be a nice addition to the clan even if he wasn't a cat.

"Cats of DepthClan, Nightmoon and I have decided that Nugget will become a warrior of DepthClan even if he is not a cat. Also, Firepaw and Midnightpaw, step forward. It is finally your time to become warriors." Spokenstar said staying up on the tall rock.

Wait, if Firepaw and Midnightpaw were becoming warriors that meant my siblings and I would be apprentices! I couldn't wait to see who my mentor would be. I watched as both of the apprentices stepped up with pride.

"By the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior names. Firepaw, from this day forward you shall be called Firestream for your bravery and loyalty that rushes strong like a stream. Midnightpaw, from this day forward you shall be called Midnightsplash for your great ability to swim." She purred to the two apprentices which were now warriors.

They both had amazing names. I liked them both. I wished I could have something as cool as that. I probably won't though. I stared up to Spokenstar twitching my tail back and forth waiting till she calls on us to step up so we could be apprentices.

"Now, we also have five kits to make apprentices. Summerkit, Fluffykit, Rosekit, Stripekit, and Burningkit please step forward." Spokenstar said softly to us.

I looked to my siblings slightly. They were already starting to step up. I held my breath as I stepped up with them ready now to be an apprentice. I couldn't wait till I could start training!

"Summerkit, from this day forward until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Summerpaw. Your mentor shall be Lionsun." She said to me.

I smiled and saw Lionsun coming toward me. Once she got to me I touched her nose with mine. She smiled down to me then walked back to where she was before.

"Fluffykit, from this day forward until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Fluffypaw. Your mentor shall be Nightmoon." She said.

No fair! He got to be the deputy's apprentice. He would so have the most fun out of all of us. Nightmoon walked down slightly to Fluffypaw and touched his nose with hers. After that she went back and stood by Spokenstar.

"Rosekit, from this day forward until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Rosepaw. Your mentor shall be Midnightsplash." She said.

Cool! My sister got one of the new warriors as a mentor. Midnightsplash had seemed cool when she was an apprentice so I hoped she was a good mentor to my sister. The jet black shecat walked over to Rosepaw and touched her nose with her own. After that she went back to sit down where she was before next to Firestream.

"Stripekit, from this day forward until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Stripepaw. Your mentor shall be Branchtail." Spokenstar purred.

My brother puffed out his chest with pride. I bet he was so glad to become an apprentice. Branchtail went over to the new apprentice and touched his nose with his own. Then he stepped back and went to sit by Lionsun.

"Burningkit, from this day forward until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Burningpaw. I will be your mentor." The leader said.

I was surprised. My sister got to be the leader's apprentice. How lucky could she be? Spokenstar jumped down in front of her. She touched her nose gently to her and mumbled something to her that I couldn't hear then went back onto her rock. The crowd of cats started to cheer Nugget's name, the new warriors, and our names.

"Nugget, Firestream, Midnightsplash, Summerpaw, Fluffypaw, Rosepaw, Stripepaw, Burningpaw!" They all cheered together. I laughed a little and looked to my siblings with a huge smile on my face. Tomorrow I would go out on training probably.

-------------

Longer chapter. Yea, lots of stuff in this chapter. Nothing really important. I wanted to add that in real quick though. I'm running out of ideas for this book! Help! You can give me a lot of ideas because if I don't use them in this I probably will in the next book. Also, I might get a little behind on updates soon because I'm working on another book that I want to publish. I know, I should stop doing that but I want to write and this is really helping me write more. Also the more I write on here the more I might be able to get other people to read the books I publish. Well I hope you liked the chapter! Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!