Chapter 20

The power within
"Where's my ring?! WHERES MY RING?!"Stella yelled throwing everything in the air. "What ring Stel?"Bloom asked. "Remember that trip to Solaria well they give my the Solaria ring,the most powerful object in Solaria. They chose me to be the guardian of this ring and I can't find it anywhere!"Stella said. "Well looks like they made a mistake,"Musa said and the Winx began laughing.
"That's not funny,"Stella whined,"because tonight is the party I bet you the witches are probably going to try and look for this magical artifact and I need it with me at all times so that doesn't happen." The Winx exchanged looks and searched for the ring.
"Oh wait stupid me I had it in my jewelry box,"Stella said. Now the Winx was mad. "What I just forgot that's all,"Stella said. "Like you forgot to get rid of most of your clothes,"Musa said. "Yea a whole room turned into a gigantic mall in 2 weeks,"Tecna said. "I'm a fashion girl can't blame me,"Stella said. "Yes we can,"Flora said as she took a pillow and hit Stella with it. The Winx soon took pillows and engaged themselves to a pillow fight.
"girls stop it and cleanup your room Stella,"Ms.Griselda said as she walked in."yes Me.Griselda,"the winx said. "Stella we'll go get the last touches for the party while you clean your room,"Katara said. "me?!Why me?!"Stella asked. "Because it's your room,"Bloom said. "Chap chap we ain't got all day,"Flora said as she snapped her fingers and cleaning supplies appear in front of Stella. "Can I at least use magic,"Stella asked. "I don't know depends on Ms.Griselda,"Katara said. "Yea by Stella,"Musa said. "No magic,"Ms.Griselda said. "But why?"Stella asked. "Because if you lose your powers one day how do you expect to do things without your powers,"Ms.Griselda answered.
"I....uh......with....um..........others' magic,"Stella said. "Wrong answer now go,"Ms.Griselda said. Stella muttered something as she went to clean her room.
"Wait a sec we finished with the decor,"Musa said as the Winx went outside. "Yes but we didn't practice the song,"Tecna said. "Ok uh which song,"Musa asked. "What about the Winx tonight,"Flora said. Everyone nodded. "I don't think that's a song,"Musa said. "Of course we could just make one,"Katara said. "Yea Katara have written songs her whole life give us a song,"Flora said. "Wait how do you know that,"Katara asked. "Instincts,"Flora answered and everyone began laughing.

The party

Everyone was well dressed. Miss Farogonda soon came on stage and began announcements. "Welcome everybody,"she said,"I'm so glad you decided to come to the Red Fountain and Alfea formal. Now please welcome into stage the Specialists." The specialists came onto stage and Sky took the microphone and invited the Winx unto stage saying,"Thank you all. I'm happy to say that 6 special and very talented fairies of Alfea have shown great courage and bravery during our few missions together. They are the Winx." Katara stayed back trying to signal Sky to stop but Flora and Bloom forced her to get on stage. "Come on we are going to be on stage soon anyway,"Bloom said.
"Ok fine but I'm in the back,"Katara said. "Ok so why are we here,"Katara asked Sky. "One...two there four five. Where's Stella,"Sky asked. "Right here,"Stella said getting on stage. "Ok the Winx,"Sky said and there was a big applause.
The Winx got off stage and Miss Farogonda got back on. "I'm sure you all know that this year it will be a masquerade party theme so I hope you have your masks,"she said. "Wait what?!"Flora said. "Don't worry girls I'm always prepared,"Stella said as she snapped her figures beautiful masks appeared on the Winx. "You know the fashion fever came in handy,"Bloom said."of course,"Stella said.

Something was moving in the distant. Hm I wonder what it was,Katara thought. "Stella by any chance did you leave your ring inside?"Katara asked. "Well yea,"Stella answered. "That's what I thought,"Katara said and turned around and took off. The Winx didn't mind but kept on dancing.
Katara ran after the figure trying to catch up. Stella's ring,she thought trying to catch it but instead confronted the Trix.

--------back at Cloud Tower------
"You hear that girls, Stella lost the ring of Solaria,"Icy said as she closed the screen used to spy on the Winx. "So in order to get its power we need a plan and a big one,"Darcy said. "Tonight is the Red Fountain and Alfea formal. Maybe we could do something not only on the Winx but the whole two schools,"Stormy said. "You're on to something,Stormy. We could curse the little precious gifts and the kids will scatter causing a distraction so that we could steal the ring and its power and then we will be the most powerful witches in the whole magical dimension,"Icy said. "Brilliant and evil plan,"Selena said. "Aww. Thank you..........NOT,"Icy said. "Then let's go,"Stormy said.
----now at Alfea---
"I have the ring in position,"Darcy said. "Well done Darcy. WAIT! Whose there,"Icy said. Katara was at the corner of the school. "The Trix I knew it!"Katara whispered. The Trix exchanged looks and went off. Darcy cast a dark spell on a big box which held enchanted eggs for the girls of Alfea. Katara got out of hiding and looked around. Where could they be,Katara thought. "Well,well,well,"Icy said. Katara turned around. "We found her now let's destroy her,"Stormy said. "Don't speak too soon I could beat you with my hands behind my back! Katara!Charmix!"Katara yelled but nothing happened. "I.....i......can't.......transform,"Katara said,"What did you do?!" "Nothing.......yet,"Icy said and Stormy blasted lightning at the ground. Katara managed to dodge the attacks but broke her leg. She fell to the ground in agony. "Aww little miss pixie broke her leg. Don't worry after you we'll get rid of the other pixies,"Icy said getting ready to attack. The Trix made a convergence spell which broke the ground in half all the way down to the magma. "You.......can't.....win,"Katara said. "Really?"Icy said and she shot ice at Katara's arm which left a mark. Darcy cast a spell at Katara and she fell into the ditch but hold on for dear life. Sunshine came to the scene. He kept on meowing and went back trying to warn the Winx but Icy caught him. "Don't you dare. You think you can just come and ruin our plans. I don't think so,"Icy said and threw him down the ditch. "Sunshine!"Katara yelled. Oh please transform,she thought but no use and then she heard a voice. Let go trust me. Are you crazy?!Katara thought. Trust me,I will protect you. A tear fell down Katara. Because she's water and water is connected to ice,the heat is toxic to her.trust me. Icy came up. "It's too bad your friends weren't here to see this,"Icy said and then she step on her hand which made let go and fall. Trust me........the power within........ Darcy closed the ditch but there was a rumbling. The Trix turned around to see a bright light shining through the ditch and it exploded and Katara rose from it. Her eyes shining like the brightest light in the world. A whole light surrounded her. The magma turned into water while she was in there. She kept hearing,believe in yourself,earn your power feel free. The burn stopped and some healing water appeared and soon she was in the air.
"Sisters,"Icy said getting ready for a convergence but Katara stopped it which drained her energy. She slowly went to the ground and was well changed. She was in her old transformation outfit. The dark blue hair and the light blue clothes changed. It was like she was scanned. And her light blue with pink in the front hair appeared again and her transformation outfit was completely different. She got back up and all she can say was wow. She was now healed and ready to fight."UGH! We lost to one 11 year old,"Stormy said. "Don't jinx it ready,"Icy said but with a snap of Katara's finger they were off in space which made her say,"Retreat RETREAT!" Katara turned back to normal and stared at the ground. "Sunshine,"she said softly and a tear fell down one eye and Sunshine appeared once the tear fell to the ground. "Sunshine!"she said and the kitten me owed happily.magic tears I guess,she thought. She got up only to see that the Trix left the ring. "If they weren't here for the ring,what were they doing?"Katara asked herself,"okay if I was Icy,wary thought,what would I do (GASP) the presents!"Katara ran to the Winx. "Guess the Trix was here and they did something to the presents,"she said. "Hold up I know a spell that could help us. WAIT!WHAT?! You fought the Trix by yourself,"Flora said. "Wasn't easy but i did it,"Katara said. "Ok the spell is incredibly powerful so I need your help. Everyone form a circle. They all formed a circle and Flora whispered the spell. Immediately the eggs were back to normal. Flora snapped her finger and Katara asked,"what was that for?" "A little surprised for Icy,"Flora answered.
--------back at Cloud Tower-------
"I can't believe we lose to a stupid 11 year old,"Stormy said as she poke the Katara voodoo doll. "We hate it too Stormy,"Darcy said. Icy took her back,"And we won't lose again because she's about to become Sleeping Beauty. What. What's this?"Icy saw a egg instead of what she was looking for. It cracked and a little duckling appeared calling Icy momma. "What this rodent. Ugh! WINX!!!!!!!!" she yelled.
-----back at Alfea------
"Ok Katara are you ready,"Musa asked. "No,"Katara answered. "That's the spirit," "come were on,"Stella said. "Now please welcome,the Winx,"Miss Farogonda announced. "Ok let's go,"Tecna said.
Musa started them off.
------I-