five

i know that jack harries (mason) is british but he's american in this fic :) 

dont forget to vote and comment & all the fookin' love -gigi x

kalokagathia (noun)- the good and beautiful in a person

"How've you been, stranger?" I flashed Mason with the widest smile I could manage.

He lifted his head from his lap, his floppy brown hair falling onto his forehead. He mirrored my elastic smile, making me laugh. "I've been good. Although I am honestly debating on dropping out of college."

Mason was a perfectly pretty face, for sure.

Almost everywhere we went together I felt like I was with a model. He was extremely conscious of the sexual attention he constantly received, and although he loved being in the spotlight, he was never a douche about it.

I was just so used to his model-like facial structure and floppy hair. I had touched that jawline, braided that hair, punched that six pack, and wiped tears from those green eyes thousands of times.

I was just so comfortable around Mason, his facial features don't matter to me anymore.

Although Mason and I are in no way dating, I often got those 'how is somebody as ugly as you dating somebody as hot as him' looks whenever we're doing something playfully flirtatious in public.

I had grown accustomed to the looks by now, they didn't bother me half as much as they used to.

"I'll drop out with you." I offered. "We can move to Florida together and start a fruit smoothie business. And we can put those cute little paper umbrellas in the drinks."

Mason had agreed to meeting me at some hilariously shitty restaurant with neon colored lights and velvet seats. Mason and I just poked fun of the restaurant's cheap ways, although we both secretly loved the homeyness of it.

He playfully nudged my shoe with his. "There's only a couple months left, so I'm trying not to throw myself off a bridge until we graduate."

"Don't know if I can wait 'till then," I softly chuckled. "The amount of studying and homework I have to do, plus trying to find a somewhat rewarding internship, is just fucking ballistic. I literally have no way of expediting the process."

Mason was about to comment but our waitress came over to ask for our orders. I ordered a cheese pizza with a side of fries and gestured for Mason to split the pizza with me.

Once our waitress left with our orders memorized, my phone vibrated against the checkered table.

Mason's dark green eyes curiously eyed my phone.

I quickly reached for it, feeling a hollow sense of pleasure that somebody was texting me. I unlocked my phone and noticed a text message from Harry appear in my notifications.

"Someone's popular." Mason teased, reading through the restaurants' dessert list.

"You're funny." I clicked on the message, my tone sarcastic. "Like, really funny."

Hello. How are you?

I smirked at the formality his message. It was touching. And also just really, really, adorable.

It reminded me of my ancient father whenever he texts me, usually asking about school, my friends, or how to work the ever so confusing family desktop.

"Who is it? Aria?"

"No, this guy named Harry." I nonchalantly told him, thinking about what to say back.