seventy

I immediately grabbed my purse and stood up from my chair, ducking my head as I briskly but quietly made my way from the aisle. Voices were beginning to bubble up and camera shutters were beginning to click. 

Harry Styles had just released the name of his girlfriend to the public!

I had to get out. Now.

"Wait! Is that-" I heard people shifting around in excitement as I strode towards the front door, people beginning to realize that I was the mystery blonde. 

"Security!" Harry shouted into his microphone before his bodyguard yanked him away from the stage. All the boys were being escorted off stage and into the back room for their safety. 

I swallowed a dry knot in my throat and pushed open the doors, trying hard not to look back at the complete chaos that I was leaving behind. All this chaos, and it was all over of me.

Me!

I was in a full sprint by the time I reached the hallway, trying hard to block out the exclaims of the press trying to reach me. I looked around franticly, trying to plan my mean of escape. My head was spinning and I could barely think of anything coherent. 

I felt my phone buzz in my purse. I quickly dug into my phone and instantly pressed it next to my ear, not even looking to see who it was.

"Hello?" I called franticly.

"It's Celia. It's a shitstorm in here. It's gonna be amazing press, I mean, this is all a good thing for the boys. But nonetheless, it's chaos." Her voice was sickly sweet. "You're going to be a sensation by the morning, love bug. I wouldn't recommend you go on social media tonight."

"Why did you call me?" I shouted desperately, feeling a wave of panic sweep over me and my chest beginning to tighten.

"I'm sure news has already gotten out that Harry Styles, British heartthrob, has got himself a pretty little girlfriend. It's going to be crazy out there." Her voice was cold. "You need to exit through the back, all the backup paparazzi should be scaling the front waiting for you."

"Backup paparazzi?"

"Just go, would you?" Celia growled. "I have to go. Harry's car just unlocked, so just hop in there and wait."

"And you're sure there aren't any guards out there?"

"Isn't that what I just said?"

"I'm sorry, I just can't deal with anything else right now. My head is spinning, I don't know what's going on...If I get attacked by any fucking paparazzi I'm going to have a panic attack." I exhaled, tightening my grip around the phone.

"I just got a text from the head of security. She said the back is completely clear, Montgomery. Go out there now." I could here the rumble of chatter in the background as she barked at me.

"But-" I whined."

"Now."

"I'm scared." I admitted after a moment, peering wearily down the long corridor that lead to the back of the building.

"Holy shit, I'm trying to do you a favor and you're making me regret it. Fucking...fucking just go out the back. I'm hanging up." Celia sang loudly before actually hanging up.

"Thanks." I whispered to myself.

I never thought in a million years that I would be thanking Celia. I pushed my phone back into my purse and jogged to the back of the building.