forty one

hey guys! super duper sorry i hadn't updated in a while...i was in LA and my phone was acting all weird and and i was just super busy in LA and i just edited a bunch of chapters so ughhh. i might publish another chapter tomorrow but it all just depends on the votes and comments i get on this chapter

i hope you enjoy the chapter! please please vote and comment :)thanks a ton babes -g

imbroglio (noun) - an altercation or complicated situation

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." I whispered.

Harry knocked his knuckles against the wooden dresser before taking a few steps towards me. He outstretched a hand to me, looking at me with glowing eyes.

"Come here."

I took one last glance at the happy stranger one last time before shutting off the bathroom lights and softly placing my hand into Harry's. His cold hand gingerly enclosed around mine before pulling me into the bedroom.

Harry twirled me around and pulled me towards him so my back was against his chest and his arm was wrapped around my bare torso. I exhaled loudly, leaning my head back against his shoulder.

"I want you to be happy, Ad," Harry whispered softly in my ear.

"You make me happy."

I could feel my lips quickly form an apology, an explanation how I didn't really know what I was saying. Blame the sangria.

But no words would leave my throat, no apologies nor explanations, causing a heavy silence to fill the room.

Harry exhaled loudly, his cold breath hitting the nape of my neck. "I want you to be happy with or without me, Addison."

"I know," I sighed. "But you make me so happy, Harry."

"Look at me," Harry spun me around so I was facing him, his fingers curled around my upper arms. "You make me happy, too, Addison. I haven't felt like this in a while."

"Exactly." I smiled softly.

"I feel good, you make me feel good," he whispered enthusiastically, sureness in his steady voice. "Just being in your presence makes my day. You make me feel things that I haven't felt in ages, and I thank you for that, Addison Montgomery."

"What are you trying to say, Harry?" I carefully eyed him before pursing my lips shut.

His eyes searched mine before squeezing my arms. "That I like you a lot and this relationship means a lot to me. Just know that."

A small smile spread across my lips, not knowing what to say. I just gave a simple nod, mentally telling him that I completely agreed.

It felt as if my voice had been ripped from my throat, but Harry could still hear me. It felt nice, really damn nice, to hear somebody spill their feelings for me. And it felt even nicer to be able to reciprocate those feelings.

"Still sleepy, sleepyhead?" Harry gently squeezed my arm.

"No," I lied, grinning. "I want to stay up all night with you."

Harry smirked gently. "I took your film out of the projector. We can watch it for a bit until you fall asleep."

"I'm not going to fall asleep first." I challenged.