twenty five

5k wow what omg i cant believe it ! im SO happy to see you guys loving this series because i LOVE writing it hhah. i very much appreciate all the reads, votes, comments, and followers so thank ya'll so much!

enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote and comment:) -g

guanxni (noun) - a network of social connections based on mutual trust by returning favors so that the relationship's beneit is shared by all

"See you soon?" Harry lamely reached his hand out for me to catch.

"Yes." I caught my fingers with his, our fingers not fully, but only lightly interlocking. "Soon."

Everything was good between us, and I couldn't have asked for the night to go any differently. Harry and I were good, and that's all that mattered.

Harry's chunky silver rings were cold to the touch, making me wince softly before I eased back into his hand.

"Promise?" He dropped all his fingers from mine except his pinkie, the only thing still physically connecting us.

"Pinkie promise." I smiled kindly, so badly wanting to remember this moment.

"Alright," he squeezed his pinkie with mine before taking a step back, causing our hands to fall. "Goodnight, sweetheart."

"Goodnight, Harry."

Aria and I waved my final goodbyes to the other guys, who were dramatically upset to see us go. Harry and I shared one last glance before I hopped in the passengers seat of Aria's car.

As we began to drive away from the apartment complex, Aria slammed the heel of her palm against the steering wheel, causing a loud, monotone, honk to ring through the night.

I laughed to myself as I watched the boys cheerfully shouting back before they turned into mere shadows in the darkness of night.

I wrapped my arms around my cold body, feeling a sense of protection from my own touch.

"So," Aria slyly peered over at me. "Care to elaborate on what the hell happened to 'avoid Harry at all costs?'"

"It's safe to say that the plan failed," I snorted, looking out the window at the fellow passing cars.

Aria laughed. "Yeah."

"Harry is just so...amazing," I sighed desperately. "I just feel like I fit with him, you know? I feel like he just gets me, and I get him."

"You did not just say that." Aria's jaw dramatically dropped.

I slapped my hand over my mouth once I realized what I had said. "Oh, fuck."

"God, I cannot believe you just confessed your crush for Harry," Aria gasped. "Wait until Mason hears about this. He's going to die."

"I know! I can't believe I just said that!" I screamed in a mixture of anger and excitement, my mind spinning. "What the hell?"

"You haven't gotten this excited over a guy since Dylan," Aria's voice trailed off once she mentioned Dylan. "It's nice to see you get so happy over a guy."

The thought of Dylan made my throat tighten and my heart momentarily freeze.

"I know," I whispered under my breath. "It is pretty terrifying."

"I think Harry could really good for you." Aria solemnly said after a moment of comfortable silence.

"I think he could be really good for me," I agreed. "But I don't know."