eleven

noceur (noun) -one who sleeps late or not at all; or, one who stays out late to revel or party

"Ad, can you FaceTime me and help me with my math?"

I placed my phone between the crook of my shoulder so I could use both hands to search through my closet for something to wear tonight. "I can't, I'm going out. And plus I'm bad at math."

"Going out where?" My younger brother, Alec Montgomery, asked curiously.

"Out." I answered him ambiguously, knowing it would piss him off.

I love my little brother to death, he was the sibling I absolutely loved to hate. I lived in LA with Aria while Alec lived back home in San Diego with Mom and Dad.

It was almost impossible to visit Alec during the craziness of college, so I always made time to call him on a daily basis. I was a senior in college, while Alec was a senior in high school. Meaning, we were both very busy, all the time.

"You're going partying on a Sunday night?"

Alec was so protective over me, I often felt as if I were the younger sibling and he was the eldest.

For as long as I had lived in San Diego with my family, my brother always made a point to terrorize my boyfriends until they'd eventually break up with me.

"I never said I was partying." I pulled out a little black dress from my closet. "I just said that I was going out."

"Mom's going to kill you when she finds out you're partying on a Sunday." Alec remarked smartly, purposely trying to get me heated, for which he was succeeding.

"Mom's not going to find out."

"So you admit that you're going partying tonight?"

"Alec," I hissed through my bared teeth. "If Mom finds out about this, I will wring your neck."

"Sounds pleasant," my brother annoyingly hissed back.

I violently rolled my eyes at how dominant my 18-year old brother thought he was.

I placed tonight's dress on my bed, admiring it. "I don't have time for this, Alec. Keep your big mouth shut and I'll do you a solid."

"Fine." I could hear a stupid victory smile on his lips. "You're lucky to have a brother like me."

"Shut up, you are so annoying."

"Shut up, you are so annoying." He mocked my voice, making me sound like a whiney little girl.

"I don't sound like that."

"Yes, you do."

"I have to go, you little fartbag." I laughed at his new nickname. "Good luck on your math, Alec. Love you."

"Love you, too," he said before hanging up the line.

I don't know how I got out of Alec's overbearing sibling protectiveness so easily, but I thanked the heavens for it.

I took a sharp breath, trying to forget about Alec so I could get ready for this stupid Sunday frat party. Harry would be here to pick Aria and I up in just an hour.

* * *

We should be there in 5. Be ready!

I quickly sent Harry back a compliant text, saying that Aria and I would be waiting outside for them.