Chapter Three : Chance Encounters

Kaine Turner

I lit a blunt and scrolled through my phone while waiting in the backseat of an SUV. Harlem sat next to me and I ignored him and read my text messages instead wondering where the fuck this connect was we were suppose to be meeting, they were late and I had a flight to Chicago .

My phone beeped with a text message from Ajani and when I clicked on it I was shocked by the picture of her nude body as she got out of the shower. She'd shaven again and her slender body was dripping wet with water and her hair was pushed back.

"I know I said I didn't want anymore kids right now but I'm going raw tonight and whatever happens just happens" I said out loud on accident. I glanced at Harlem who was staring at me before he looked straight ahead and tried to hide back his smirk.

Angelo leaned over the seat behind us and looked at Harlem and then at me before I heard Raheem snoring loudly from the seat next to Angelo and shook my head. He was always fucking lacking and one of these days he was going to get caught slipping.

Only reason Raheem was still around was because he made a good soldier. He was crazy and if he was going to go out he was going to go out in a blaze of glory not like a coward. He was good at betting and making money, after years of betting on Harlem he was like a pro and had raised the stakes to professional teams.

"Your baby mama is fine as fuck though, I'd bust a nut in her ass too" Harlem said nonchalantly and I dropped my phone onto the carpet and reached over swinging on his ass repeatedly. He threw a few punches but I overpowered him and Angelo had to climb over the seat and get between us.

"Stop. I'm so tired of this shit, every fucking time nigga!" Angelo shouted as he reached over and opened up my door and shoved me out of the car before climbing out also and Harlem held his busted lip.

I snatched my phone from the floor of the car and slid it into my pocket as I took deep breaths. Angelo continued to eye me like I was the one in the wrong.

"He keeps saying slick shit and I'm tired of his fake ass" I replied fixing my shirt and Raheem got out of the car along with Harlem as someone began clapping having watched our scene unfold and I glanced towards Vinny a man I'd grown up with as a child.

His father was big in the drug world and he did dealings on the side for him. He and I didn't get along as kids but after I came back to NewYork instead of having to build from the ground up they took me in out of remorse and as a favor to my father, still hated him though.

"Carlito, is that you?" Vinny questioned as he pulled me into him and kissed both of my cheeks in a greeting as I frowned and made a face pulling back.

"I saw you last month don't act dumb" I replied dryly snd he smiled and glanced at Angelo before repeating the greeting with him.

"My sister Jenny asked about you the other day. She misses you, you haven't been around to her or your daughter" Vinny stated and I frowned as everyone's eyes widened.

"I knew you weren't faithful!" Raheem snapped folding his arms enjoying it and Angelo rolled his eyes understanding the situation.

"I am faithful, when I came to New York I had a thing with his sister for awhile and she already had a daughter that I treated nicely because her father wasn't around. After I got married out of respect for my wife I left that situation alone and I never claimed that little girl as my daughter" I said eyeing Vinny.